2 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel McKee

Daniel McKee

New

• Sustaining Members
  • 1 posts
  • Student

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:42 AM

This may be a little off topic for this site, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Is there anyone out there that knows of any websites for an aspiring Assistant Director? This is a great forum for cinematographers, and I love reading some of the great discussions that go on here. Just curious if there's anything out there on more of the production management side.

On a side note, is there anyone here that knows/participated in the DGA Training Program?

#2 Francesco Bonomo

Francesco Bonomo
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • currently in Rome, Italy

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:33 AM

This may be a little off topic for this site, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Is there anyone out there that knows of any websites for an aspiring Assistant Director? This is a great forum for cinematographers, and I love reading some of the great discussions that go on here. Just curious if there's anything out there on more of the production management side.

There's also a sub-forum for AD's and production crew. ;)
I don't know of any good website for assistant directors, maybe because it would be quite useless (except maybe for networking). Sure, you can find scheduling software and forms you could use, but based on my humble experience, it's one of those jobs where the only things that matters is experience, experience, experience (actually a good attitude helps A LOT), since most people don't really know what we do :-)

Edited by Francesco Bonomo, 11 July 2008 - 09:35 AM.

#3 Brian Dzyak

Brian Dzyak
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1517 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Encino, California USA

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:55 AM

On a side note, is there anyone here that knows/participated in the DGA Training Program?

There's an entire section in my book that will answer all of your questions! :) And there is a free sample chapter that is ALL about the DGA Training program at www.whatireallywanttodo.com. If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Good luck!

rebotnix Technologies

Visual Products

The Slider

Abel Cine

Aerial Filmworks

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Paralinx LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Metropolis Post

Tai Audio

Opal