4 replies to this topic

#1 alfredoparra

alfredoparra
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Producer

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:57 AM

Hi, can anybody recommend a software that I can use to capture uncompressed footage? im using a sony hvr-v1u and for some reason adobe premiere cs3 pro dosent connect via vts to my camera using hdv option, but when I use dv capture the footage is converted to avi and its jumps and skips on play back, im looking to spend around $200.00 I know there was such a software on the market but I dont remember the name, at the time I was using final cut on MAC and I dident need it but now im using pc, the software I read about allowed you to capture uncompressed footage on your laptop, Also I was wondering if quicktime pro would work? I would like to capture on mpeg. Thank you!

#2 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7116 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:16 PM

Premicer CS3 does suppord the HDV codec. Sounds like you just have some settings messed up between the camera and the computer (like the down sampling turned on in camera putting out a DV stream instead of an HDV one).

#3 alfredoparra

alfredoparra
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Producer

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:34 PM

thanks for resonding, I tired everything and I even read threads on line, its a common problem. The forums I read all suggest to use a third party capture software, premiere dosent recognize my camera on hvd settings, its not even listed. I also tried custom settings with no results! when I connect my camera using HDV I can play the tape via vst control buttons but the record button is disabled so I can record the footage in. Thanks!

#4 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7116 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:41 PM

Hmm. . .check to see if your camera has a iLink down convert setting, if you havn't already; it'll convery your HDV to DV and i'd suggest "squeeeze" mode for the anamorphic.
Aside from that I can't think of any low cost solutions; maybe Pinnacle's old Composit-> USB converter, but you'll loose a good deal of quality.

Sadly, I havn't touched Premier since V1.5! of Pro

Edited by Adrian Sierkowski, 12 July 2008 - 12:42 PM.

#5 alfredoparra

alfredoparra
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Producer

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:09 PM

Hmm. . .check to see if your camera has a iLink down convert setting, if you havn't already; it'll convery your HDV to DV and i'd suggest "squeeeze" mode for the anamorphic.
Aside from that I can't think of any low cost solutions; maybe Pinnacle's old Composit-> USB converter, but you'll loose a good deal of quality.

Sadly, I havn't touched Premier since V1.5! of Pro

Thanks! I changed the down convert and I applyed squeeze, I can capture in preimere and I see its mpeg, the only problem now is the skipping, I shot the footage at 24p but the mepg is reading 29, im going to play around with it! thanks alot for your help!

PS:
big thanks adrian and cinematography.com

Willys Widgets

Visual Products

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Glidecam

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

FJS International, LLC

The Slider

CineLab

Tai Audio

Paralinx LLC