#1 Robert Brown

Robert Brown

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:44 PM

So, I shot a test roll with my Nizo Professional using B&W ASA 100 and Color ASA 50, and it looks great! I love this camera!

Now, I am shooting some lifestyle super 8 tonight for my film.. And its going to be in a pitch black warehouse, with only 2 500 watt studio lights lighting up the subject. I am planning on using ASA 500 film.. Anything I should watch out for? I've never used this type of film before, but I figured, since the lighting will be so low, to give it a shot..

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

#2 Robert Brown

Robert Brown

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 12 July 2008 - 08:47 PM

And one more thing.. I will also have a 20 foot projector, looping black and white sequences from old horror films, with the subject standing in front of the projector.. Any tips for this one?

Experimenting is fun, but expensive.. So any recommendations are very much appreciated.

Thanks

#3 Michael Lehnert

Michael Lehnert
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1086 posts
  • Other
  • London, UK / Basel, CH

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:38 AM

If you used the TTL lightmeter of your Nizo pro, you will have to compensate for the exposure index at 500 ISO manually - there is no 500 ISO cartridge notch setting, the Nizo notch reader peaks at ISO 160, so if the cart is notched in such a way that it makes the camera choose 160, it will need around 1 1/2 f-stops (with leaway for the latitude and your specific lighting conditions plus minus 1/2 f-stop). If you use an external lightmeter, then choose the stated f-stop there (plus/minus your personal exposure leeway for the shot).

Visual Products

Opal

Aerial Filmworks

Tai Audio

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine

FJS International, LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

CineLab

Paralinx LLC

Glidecam

rebotnix Technologies