#1 Neema Sadeghi

Neema Sadeghi

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:21 PM

Okay, so I finally decided on a Nizo 801. It seemed to have the best features that I was looking for in a camera. Now I have a few issues that I would like to resolve before I start.

1.I travel, a lot. I'm currently in Spain, but I'm going to Washington D.C. I would be using my camera in the states. There is a place here in Barcelona that sells film and develops film at a reasonable price. I am thinking about buying film here, but I'm worried that it will get ruined in the airport. Anyone developed film that has been through the airport jungle of xrays?

2. Other option is I buy film (I was thinking from ebay) and getting it sent to me in the states, and I could get it developed in NYC and then travel back (if anyone suggests a place in nyc that would be great. I found A1 Film Labs has anyone tried them?)

3. I am a photographer, and I was wondering if I could just use the lightmeter in my camera to gauge the lighting necessary for the camera, do people use this method? or is this not really important?

And lastly, I would like to shoot either on 64t and/or Tri-X reversal black and white, how much time can I shoot on either?

I've read tons about super 8 and i think i'm finally ready to make the jump in. I study video graphics, but I think its important to learn the essentials.

Thanks.

#2 Alessandro Malfatti

Alessandro Malfatti
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Other
  • Barcelona, Spain

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:11 AM

I can help you on the first point, I remember traveling from Barcelona to Istanbul to Paris and then to Mexico with Ektachrome 100D, I got it through a lot of X-Ray machines, but it didn't get fogged or anything. I also remember traveling to Jordan with 200 ASA still film, and I'll bet you that those X-Ray machines were NOT made to be safe for film (to get an idea, there was the conveyor belt, where you put your stuff, and instead of going through some big machine with a lead curtain or something, it just went between two large poles, which, I guess, did all the scanning. You think people working there have children? Haha).

Tai Audio

CineTape

Rig Wheels Passport

Metropolis Post

CineLab

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Glidecam

Ritter Battery

Abel Cine

Willys Widgets

Aerial Filmworks

The Slider