#1 Carlos Montoya

Carlos Montoya

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Other

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:53 AM

Greetings! I'm a noob here but I have just bought two sankyo 620-xl cameras. Unforntunately, they have no manuals. I have many technical questions and have searched alot for the manual online to no avail. questions include simple control functions like what does the "P.T." setting on the timelapse dial do? if anyone can help me with finding a manual I would be very pleased.. thank you. :huh:

#2 Carlos Montoya

Carlos Montoya

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Other

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:02 AM

Greetings! I'm a noob here but I have just bought two sankyo 620-xl cameras. Unforntunately, they have no manuals. I have many technical questions and have searched alot for the manual online to no avail. questions include simple control functions like what does the "P.T." setting on the timelapse dial do? if anyone can help me with finding a manual I would be very pleased.. thank you. :huh:

Oh yeah and what's the difference between the 620 with thwhite label and the 620 with the gold label?

#3 Michael Lehnert

Michael Lehnert
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1086 posts
  • Other
  • London, UK / Basel, CH

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:41 AM

Carlos, first of all, when you registered, you were kindly asked to choose a username based on your FULL first and last name. THIS IS forum regulation. Please go to My Controls on the top right corner of your web browser window when logged in, and amend the username in the respective option. Thanks.

#4 Carlos Montoya

Carlos Montoya

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Other

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:37 PM

Carlos, first of all, when you registered, you were kindly asked to choose a username based on your FULL first and last name. THIS IS forum regulation. Please go to My Controls on the top right corner of your web browser window when logged in, and amend the username in the respective option. Thanks.

my mistake, like I said I'm new here.

#5 Terry Mester

Terry Mester
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Other
  • Welland, Ontario, Canada

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:43 PM

Hi Carlos,
I have the Sankyo Super CM400 Camera which has fewer dials. The front Dial on your Camera's Lens should be for adjusting the 'Focus'. / The back Dial on the Lens should be to manually control the 'Zoom'. I don't recommend using the Electric Zoom Button on the top left side because it slows down the Motor and alters the Film Speed. / There is likely an electric Pause Jack on the Camera's bottom back side. A benefit to this for recording sound is explained on my Website linked below. / One Dial (probably on the top left side) is for Manual or Automatic Aperture (f-stop) Control. When set to 'Auto', the power remains on for the Auto Aperture even with the Motor off unless you 'lock' the Power Button in the OFF position -- by pushing up the Lock Button when the Power Button is OFF. / The Screw Hole on the right side is a Cable Release Socket for Single Frame filming. / The Button inside of a Screw Hole on top is for pushing OUT the 'Outdoor Blue Light Filter' which filters excess blue light when filming outdoors. It's intended for a Light Socket to screw into, but you can find a bolt that will fit. / I don't know how many batteries your Camera uses (mine uses 4), but one is likely exclusive for the Auto Aperture which, for my Camera, means that its Motor uses 4.5 Volts.

You can read through the Super8 Reader's Digest Thread at the top of this Forum which will provide you basically all the information you need. In addition to Kodak, you can buy Super8 Cartridges from Spectra Film & Video: www.spectrafilmandvideo.com.

Click the Link below to my recent Thread "At last, A SOLUTION TO JITTERINESS". The Clutch on your Camera is almost certainly too tight which means it will tug on the Film causing an intermittent jittery picture. My Thread tells you how to test the Clutch. I can tell you how to remove it and loosen it if needed.
http://www.cinematog...showtopic=32243

If you can post pictures of the remaining Dials I haven't explained, we can help you with them.

If you would like to record Sound with your filming, log onto the Website www.geocities.com/filmanddigitalinfo which provides info on recording synchronous Sound. Good luck.

#6 Carlos Montoya

Carlos Montoya

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Other

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:40 AM

Hi Carlos,
I have the Sankyo Super CM400 Camera which has fewer dials. The front Dial on your Camera's Lens should be for adjusting the 'Focus'. / The back Dial on the Lens should be to manually control the 'Zoom'. I don't recommend using the Electric Zoom Button on the top left side because it slows down the Motor and alters the Film Speed. / There is likely an electric Pause Jack on the Camera's bottom back side. A benefit to this for recording sound is explained on my Website linked below. / One Dial (probably on the top left side) is for Manual or Automatic Aperture (f-stop) Control. When set to 'Auto', the power remains on for the Auto Aperture even with the Motor off unless you 'lock' the Power Button in the OFF position -- by pushing up the Lock Button when the Power Button is OFF. / The Screw Hole on the right side is a Cable Release Socket for Single Frame filming. / The Button inside of a Screw Hole on top is for pushing OUT the 'Outdoor Blue Light Filter' which filters excess blue light when filming outdoors. It's intended for a Light Socket to screw into, but you can find a bolt that will fit. / I don't know how many batteries your Camera uses (mine uses 4), but one is likely exclusive for the Auto Aperture which, for my Camera, means that its Motor uses 4.5 Volts.

You can read through the Super8 Reader's Digest Thread at the top of this Forum which will provide you basically all the information you need. In addition to Kodak, you can buy Super8 Cartridges from Spectra Film & Video: www.spectrafilmandvideo.com.

Click the Link below to my recent Thread "At last, A SOLUTION TO JITTERINESS". The Clutch on your Camera is almost certainly too tight which means it will tug on the Film causing an intermittent jittery picture. My Thread tells you how to test the Clutch. I can tell you how to remove it and loosen it if needed.
http://www.cinematog...showtopic=32243

If you can post pictures of the remaining Dials I haven't explained, we can help you with them.

If you would like to record Sound with your filming, log onto the Website www.geocities.com/filmanddigitalinfo which provides info on recording synchronous Sound. Good luck.

Thank you Terry! good to know that my post was not in vain. So now I have figured out most of the functions.

I repaired the 18fps setting which was running wild! (was starting at 18fps then accelarating as fast as you would let it!) ( was shorting with the 36fps contact)

Next thing I did was repair the auto zoom which was doing nothing at all. ( the motor was operating but the gears had become misalligned)

So now that the camera is tip top ( i hope ) I have to ask the following newbie Question...

Since this camera is not able to read Ektachrome (i think) then lets say I am taking a reading of 6.5 on my light meter (a weston master model 715) and set my exposure manually. what should my f-stop be? The shutter angle is 220* :)

#7 Terry Mester

Terry Mester
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Other
  • Welland, Ontario, Canada

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

I repaired the 18fps setting which was running wild! (was starting at 18fps then accelarating as fast as you would let it!) ( was shorting with the 36fps contact)

Next thing I did was repair the auto zoom which was doing nothing at all. ( the motor was operating but the gears had become misalligned)

Have you opened up the Camera? I can post some pictures of where Screws are hidden under Label Plates. Did you do the test I suggested on the Clutch?
So now that the camera is tip top ( i hope ) I have to ask the following newbie Question...

Since this camera is not able to read Ektachrome (i think) then lets say I am taking a reading of 6.5 on my light meter (a weston master model 715) and set my exposure manually. what should my f-stop be? The shutter angle is 220* :)

I hope Matthew Buick is reading this Thread because he probably has essentially the same Model as you. A Director of Photography (DP) can answer your question on f-stops. The 'Auto Aperture' should work for the E64T, but others who've used E64 can offer their opinions. Use a flashlight to look into the Lens to see if the Outdoor Filter has any marks or fungus or anything on it. Mine did, and so I couldn't use it. I don't personally think the Filter is really needed outdoors, but others have their own opinions. You definitely DO NOT use the Filter indoors.

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Willys Widgets

Metropolis Post

Visual Products

FJS International, LLC

Technodolly

Paralinx LLC

The Slider

Glidecam

Aerial Filmworks

Tai Audio

Ritter Battery