#1 Cory Lonas

Cory Lonas
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Gaffer
  • NYC

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:14 PM

so my internship has given me an excellent opportunity to use their 35-mm Konvas camera with a set of lenses and an anamorphic adapter and viewfinder. I found some film ends on ebay for about 20 bucks per 200 foot film end... I have never worked with motion picture film cameras before.. I want to break the barrier. What should I shoot with the camera and what precautions should I take with using the camera. I have a great view of manhattan from my rooftop. How much will it cost me to develop the film, and how much is reasonable to shell out for a film to video transfer?

#2 Bruce Taylor

Bruce Taylor
  • Sustaining Members
  • 482 posts
  • Other
  • Los Angeles

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:31 AM

so my internship has given me an excellent opportunity to use their 35-mm Konvas camera with a set of lenses and an anamorphic adapter and viewfinder. How much will it cost me to develop the film, and how much is reasonable to shell out for a film to video transfer?

Great opportunity!

First, get proficient at loading the Konvas magazines. Get some waste (light struck) film to practice in daylight, and after you're good at it try it a few times in the dark.

10 cents a foot should get processing done, telecine (sd) is going to run $200-300/hr, with a 1/2 hr minimum if you're lucky.

Have fun!

Bruce

Paralinx LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Broadcast Solutions Inc

FJS International, LLC

Glidecam

Technodolly

Aerial Filmworks

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

The Slider

Rig Wheels Passport