#1 Stanislav Zakharin

Stanislav Zakharin

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:52 AM

I am very new at this, and what I am asking might be very simple... I was shooting a concert with two cameras and separate soung recorder. No TC Generator. One camera (AG-DVX100B) was set to have a "rolling" TC to allow me to start and stop recording at any time. When I captured this footage in FCP, it generated separate clips from each uninterapted part of the recording. When I throw them in the timeline for synchronization with the sound and to create a multiclip, all of the clips bunched-up together w/o creating gaps. Though, I still see proper TC in each clip. Since there are several hundreds of these clips that are not being placed properly in the timeline, it is a chalenge.

Please, help! Am I doing something wrong in capturing? Or there is some kind of setting/technik in FCP that I am missing? Thanks

#2 Andres Pardo aka Gral Treegan

Andres Pardo aka Gral Treegan
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Director
  • Mexico DF

Posted 20 July 2008 - 11:37 PM

did you try with DV Start Stop detect function?
bye!
GT

I am very new at this, and what I am asking might be very simple... I was shooting a concert with two cameras and separate soung recorder. No TC Generator. One camera (AG-DVX100B) was set to have a "rolling" TC to allow me to start and stop recording at any time. When I captured this footage in FCP, it generated separate clips from each uninterapted part of the recording. When I throw them in the timeline for synchronization with the sound and to create a multiclip, all of the clips bunched-up together w/o creating gaps. Though, I still see proper TC in each clip. Since there are several hundreds of these clips that are not being placed properly in the timeline, it is a chalenge.

Please, help! Am I doing something wrong in capturing? Or there is some kind of setting/technik in FCP that I am missing? Thanks

Aerial Filmworks

Wooden Camera

Visual Products

rebotnix Technologies

CineTape

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

FJS International, LLC

Paralinx LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Abel Cine

Technodolly

Willys Widgets