#1 Christopher Frey

Christopher Frey
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Student

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:32 AM

Hi,
I'm in the process of preparing to shoot a short film of mine and wanted to shoot some scenes on Double-X and plus-x (reversal), but the only problem is that I don't live anywhere near a store that sells super 8 film. I don't know how much I want to purchase off ebay because: 1. I don't need that much film 2. Budget is micro and 3. It's not much cheaper than full price.

I've looked Bhphoto.com and they only sell reversal film, but I was wondering if there was a place (other than Kodak directly) I could get all my super 8 needs?

Thanks,
Chris

#2 Chris Burke

Chris Burke
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1764 posts
  • Boston, MA

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:21 PM

Hi,
I'm in the process of preparing to shoot a short film of mine and wanted to shoot some scenes on Double-X and plus-x (reversal), but the only problem is that I don't live anywhere near a store that sells super 8 film. I don't know how much I want to purchase off ebay because: 1. I don't need that much film 2. Budget is micro and 3. It's not much cheaper than full price.

I've looked Bhphoto.com and they only sell reversal film, but I was wondering if there was a place (other than Kodak directly) I could get all my super 8 needs?

Thanks,
Chris

buying direct from kodak is the cheapest way, unless you work out some deal with a lab. As a matter of fact, perhaps you should do that, but kodak is the way to go.

chris

#3 Will Montgomery

Will Montgomery
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2126 posts
  • Producer
  • Dallas, TX

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:52 PM

Best Prices are from Kodak:
1-800-621-FILM (3456)

Unfortunately Double-X isn't available in Super 8, just Tri-X and Plus-X in reversal.

Now if you need a stock Kodak doesn't make in Super 8 like Ektachrome 100D or Velvia 50D, Spectra would be your best best in the U.S. If you need other negative stocks Pro8mm offers a large selection, but buying directly from Kodak would be more reliable than Pro8mm.

#4 Christopher Frey

Christopher Frey
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Student

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:34 PM

Best Prices are from Kodak:
1-800-621-FILM (3456)

Unfortunately Double-X isn't available in Super 8, just Tri-X and Plus-X in reversal.

Now if you need a stock Kodak doesn't make in Super 8 like Ektachrome 100D or Velvia 50D, Spectra would be your best best in the U.S. If you need other negative stocks Pro8mm offers a large selection, but buying directly from Kodak would be more reliable than Pro8mm.

Thank you-- I realized that it was only for 16mm shortly after I posted the link. I'll use tri-x. thanks again. I'll probably go through Kodak.

#5 Will Montgomery

Will Montgomery
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2126 posts
  • Producer
  • Dallas, TX

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:41 PM

Thank you-- I realized that it was only for 16mm shortly after I posted the link. I'll use tri-x. thanks again. I'll probably go through Kodak.

Double-X is a great looking, grainy, old-feeling stock in 16mm... but it might be too grainy for Super 8.

#6 timHealy

timHealy
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1289 posts
  • Other
  • New York

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:57 PM

hey Chris,

Kodak will give students a 20 percent discount. At least that is what I recall from the last time I was at the NYC Kodak will call.

Best

Tim

#7 michelle arakelian

michelle arakelian
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Other
  • Italy

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:12 AM

Hi, we have a promotion for purchase of S8mm cartridges + processing and telecine in MiniDV or DVD. for B/W cartridges the price is 32,50?(1cartridge + processing and telecine) for moe info you can contact ifo@movieandsound.it
regards
Michelle

Hi,

Thanks,
Chris

Abel Cine

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Wooden Camera

Rig Wheels Passport

FJS International, LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Metropolis Post

New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment

Ritter Battery

Visual Products