Photo

15EPSS motor of Konvas camera. New version of upgrade.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Olex Kalynychenko

Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:46 AM

Hi.
The many users of Konvas-1M, Konvas-2M cameras have 15 EPSS motors.
The original electronics of 15EPSS motor have analog system of speed stabilization with power unit and 8.5 v battery.

I wish inform you about last version of upgrade of power unit of 15EPSS motor on 6 v battery.

The many users ask me about use of 12 v batteries.
I wish warn of, the 12 v battery can burn down of original electronics of power unit.
This can be at time of first connecting of 12 v battery and switch of speed on 25 red, or 32 fps, or after a some time of work.
I repair of many power units after user connected of 12 v battery and can do a some summarizing.

The matter is that, the base generator of power unit with 12 v battery have output 100 v,
and power transformer have output 78 v.
This is too high voltage for many transistors of power unit.
The transistors of power unit have maximum voltage 60v( output stage ) and 40 v ( other).
That's why, this is transistors can burn down.
The power unit have high power 60v, 10 A, germanium transistors with low loss at P-N-P structure.

. That's why, the idea of modification of original electronics of power unit for modern batteries- the topical question .

Today, I wish inform about next version of upgrade of original electronics for 6 v battery.
SLA battery 6 v 12ah, with size 152 x 94 x 50 mm can be install inside of power unit without problem.

The new version have build in of power unit auto charger with microprocessor control and digital voltmeter of voltage of battery.
The auto charger have DC input with 12?18 v, min 2A , with standard 4 pin XLR socket and can be connect with any type of power source.
This can be AC-DC power source with output 12..18 v 2A, or special power cord with " car smoke plug " from one side and 4 pin XLR plug from other side.
And you can charge of battery of power unit from your car too.
From other side, you can use of any standard video, cine power source with 4 pin XLR socket on output

The microprocessor of charger control and limiting of output current ( 1.5 A ) and control of output voltage on battery at time of charging. The microprocessor show of voltage at 3 digital LED display
And only, the battery charged, the microprocessor show " Ful" and switch OFF of charger.

From other side, the microprocessor of charger can be use of test of voltage of battery before shooting.
The power unit have additional " test" button and if you press on " test " button, the LED display show you
Voltage on battery and you can check of condition of battery.

The voltage more 6.33 v ? 100% power of battery
6.2 v = 75% of power
6.1 v = 40% of power
6.0 v = 25% power
5.9 or less = discharger

I think, this is version of power unit upgrading can be interested for used of Konvas with 15 EPSS motor.

The detailed technical informatioon and pictures can be send at personal request.

Willys Widgets

Wooden Camera

Opal

The Slider

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

rebotnix Technologies

Glidecam

Technodolly

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine

Rig Wheels Passport

Metropolis Post