#1 monday sunnlinn

monday sunnlinn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Other
  • Boston

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:06 PM

wow, i'm surprised there isn't a thread about this movie...i just finished it and i'm still digesting...

i remember after about ten minutes into it thinking that 'by the end i'll understand why this movie is like this'. it's worth it if you can just accept the presentation.

does anyone know what this was shot with?

#2 Antti Näyhä

Antti Näyhä
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Other
  • Belgium/Finland

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:16 AM

This apple.com article says it was shot on the DVX100, in 24p. The images in the trailer do look very video-ish.

I must say I find it a bit surprising that films are still regularly shot on standard definition video, even though small and affordable HD solutions have been available for some time now. Looks like an interesting film anyway.

#3 monday sunnlinn

monday sunnlinn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Other
  • Boston

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:11 PM

This apple.com article says it was shot on the DVX100, in 24p. The images in the trailer do look very video-ish.

I must say I find it a bit surprising that films are still regularly shot on standard definition video, even though small and affordable HD solutions have been available for some time now. Looks like an interesting film anyway.

yeah, i thought that might be the case. i used to own a dvx and it definitely looked like it. i think they also played some parts of it on a monitor or something and then filmed it with an HD camera in post...

overall, they showed how well you can shoot with a low-budget camera if you actually know how to light stuff..
it also shows how well great acting/writing can really get you by technical and presentation factors...

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Abel Cine

CineTape

Technodolly

Ritter Battery

Paralinx LLC

The Slider

Willys Widgets

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineLab

Rig Wheels Passport

Metropolis Post