Has anyone had any experience with this pressure plate manufactured by Andec Filmtechnik in Germany?
This is what the site says about it:
After many years of intensive researching and development and hundreds
of test runs, it has been finally achieved what you have been so desparately
looking for: Making films of stunning sharpness and picture steadiness while
using the well proven, world wide available, relatively inexpensive and easy
to handle Super 8 format with its Super 8 cassette system.
The key to succsess: A simple add-on that transforms any Super 8 cassette
into what it should have been designed to from the very beginning, and that
is doing away with the often discussed and annoying disadvantages of the
Super 8 cassette system.
The new device is a precision-manufactured, hard-chrome-plated brass plate which is simply additionally fitted into the pressure plate window of any
Super 8 cassette to do its miracle. What has been seen so far, the following improvements can be achieved realized:
- The higher precision of the guiding device leads to a clearly improved
picture steadiness, both horizontally and vertically.
- With the lens correctly adjusted, a uniform sharpness of the picture is
achieved over the entire width of the image area. Partly unsharp pictures
or ?bumping? sharpness are a thing of the past. Sharpness variations do
not occur any more.
- The film runs smoother through the camera, thus producing far less
- The improved pressure of the film towards the film gate results in a distinctly
improved picture quality.
- Slow-motion and high-speed takes can be capture without problems.
- The danger of a plastic cassette pressure window causing scratches on
the base side of the film is reduced - which is of high importance for all
later video transfers.
This all can be particularly observed when using new film material like
VNF 7240 (Ektachrome 125 ASA, color reversal film stock) and
Vision 2 200 T / 500 T (color negative film stock).
Precision-made Pressure plate from Andec Filmtechnik
No replies to this topic