Brandi Kaseta

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Other

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:45 AM

Hi,
I have a bunch of Ektachrome 64T film that I wanted to shoot indoors. I have 2 750W spiderlites that I am using and wanted to diffuse these with chimera bank kits. The camera itself only has two settings, indoor or outdoor. If I choose indoor and use these lights with diffusion will my exposure be okay?

Thanks in advance,
Brandi

#2 Art Leal

Art Leal
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Other
  • New York City

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:50 PM

Funny, I just got this back from Dwayne's photo yesterday. I wanted to see how Ektachrome looked indoors with adequate lighting. In this case I think it's a bit too adequate, or maybe I need to learn to light better. Sort of looks like the blaring add on lights used in the 70's with the home movie set, the type that would cause people to squint when you pointed it at them.

Well I set out not to do anything sophisticated, just very general. I used two lights, a 750w Tungsten with barndoors and a tungsten 300W floodlamp you I bought at a CVS store.

Next time I might try a bit less, or more strategically placed. Hopefully it will give you some idea.

What model camera do you plan on using?

#3 Chris Burke

Chris Burke
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • Boston, MA

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:38 PM

Hi,
I have a bunch of Ektachrome 64T film that I wanted to shoot indoors. I have 2 750W spiderlites that I am using and wanted to diffuse these with chimera bank kits. The camera itself only has two settings, indoor or outdoor. If I choose indoor and use these lights with diffusion will my exposure be okay?

Thanks in advance,
Brandi

Have you taken any light meter readings? This will tell you how much light there is and weather or not you need any more or less. It is a 64 speed film, which is slow, which means you will need a lot of light. The two lights you describe should be enough, at least for a tighter framed scene.

CineLab

Wooden Camera

Aerial Filmworks

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Willys Widgets

Metropolis Post

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Ritter Battery

Tai Audio

Rig Wheels Passport

Opal

Visual Products