#1 chris g

chris g

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Director

Posted 02 August 2008 - 07:15 AM

I'm using Sony Vegas and I generally don't have any issues rendering, but I'm trying to do get the best looking result out of what I'm doing right now and I rendered it as an uncompressed AVI. 720 x 480, 24 fps, progressive scan, and 1:0000 pixel aspect ratio. The finished product plays in slow motion for some reason. Any idea what's conflicting?

#2 Art Leal

Art Leal
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Other
  • New York City

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:38 AM

I'm using Sony Vegas and I generally don't have any issues rendering, but I'm trying to do get the best looking result out of what I'm doing right now and I rendered it as an uncompressed AVI. 720 x 480, 24 fps, progressive scan, and 1:0000 pixel aspect ratio. The finished product plays in slow motion for some reason. Any idea what's conflicting?

The same happens with mine. If you look at the file size of an uncompressed AVI it should be huge, so your system's media player may be having a hard time playing it in real time. My system is not the newest, and my data drives are IDE 7K RPM. When I move the file to my SCSI at 15K RPM, they play in real time with not latency or stutters.

As a test try importing the rendered AVI into a new Vegas session, then run a ram preview on a section to see if it plays the same way.

Not saying this is your issue, but you may want to take a look.

Edited by Art Leal, 11 August 2008 - 09:40 AM.

#3 chris g

chris g

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Director

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:23 PM

thanks

The same happens with mine. If you look at the file size of an uncompressed AVI it should be huge, so your system's media player may be having a hard time playing it in real time. My system is not the newest, and my data drives are IDE 7K RPM. When I move the file to my SCSI at 15K RPM, they play in real time with not latency or stutters.

As a test try importing the rendered AVI into a new Vegas session, then run a ram preview on a section to see if it plays the same way.

Not saying this is your issue, but you may want to take a look.

rebotnix Technologies

Opal

Technodolly

Glidecam

Aerial Filmworks

CineLab

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Wooden Camera

Tai Audio

CineTape

Metropolis Post

Rig Wheels Passport