• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Matthew W. Phillips

Matthew W. Phillips
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1792 posts
  • Other

Posted 02 August 2008 - 03:15 PM

Okay, I'm totally juiced. I got my film back from Dwayne's today. Now I have to send it out for telecine, but of course not before I put on the white gloves and grabbed my Canon projector zoom lense to look at some stills in the light. The exteriors look good but my actor has a shadow on his face from wearing a military cap but I'll have to deal. The one interior shot I saw was gorgeous. I can't wait to see the rest of them when I have them on miniDV.

Okay, here is my goofy picture proving that my film truly is "in the can"

PS- I know a certain amount of teasing about my newly bald head is expected but try to keep it to a respectable level. :lol:

mwpcan.JPG

#2 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7118 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 02 August 2008 - 03:18 PM

It's not the head which scares me. . .rather the color. . that much sun can't be good for someone!

I'm 1/2 tempted to photoshop this in the most immature way possible, but before I do that, I think I ought say congratulations. Now, DV scan it so we can all share/see!

#3 Matthew W. Phillips

Matthew W. Phillips
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1792 posts
  • Other

Posted 02 August 2008 - 04:36 PM

It's not the head which scares me. . .rather the color. . that much sun can't be good for someone!

Ah, that's just what you yanks say! ;) This is actually the first good tan I've gotten in years. It doesn't look as bad in person as the picture makes it look.

Sending off to your neck of the woods today.

#4 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7118 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 02 August 2008 - 04:43 PM

A few years back, I go so tan as to honestly no longer resemble myself. . . Just for fun. . .I'll let you all see my very bad photograph.

Posted Image

Viva pastiness from now on. I know it looks like i'm on drugs. . . but really i'm just deeply contemplating my lip. . .

As for the film, if they give you any trouble, let me know and i"ll go down there and set 'em straight!

Edited by Adrian Sierkowski, 02 August 2008 - 04:43 PM.

#5 Matthew W. Phillips

Matthew W. Phillips
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1792 posts
  • Other

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:09 PM

Viva pastiness from now on. I know it looks like i'm on drugs. . . but really i'm just deeply contemplating my lip. . .

Sortof looks like you find the lady in front of you vastly boring. Couldn't agree or not as I don't know what she was talking about. I do tend to tune women out when they go on long soapboxes. :lol:

#6 Matthew W. Phillips

Matthew W. Phillips
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1792 posts
  • Other

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:12 PM

I'm 1/2 tempted to photoshop this in the most immature way possible...

I just thought of one! It totally looks like I could be holding a bowl of cereal like some paid Kellogs shill. Sortof like Rob and Big when they did the "Special Buddies" cereal thing.

#7 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7118 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:18 PM

Ha, the cereal is a damned good choice. I was thinking perhaps of you holding out a cupcake or the like, or maybe a "My Little Pony" :lol:

The girl is actually an X of mine, before she became 1) the incarnation of all evil and 2) someone who calls me at 10 pm to go to a pub for drinks on her. . . an interesting dichotomy.

#8 Matthew W. Phillips

Matthew W. Phillips
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1792 posts
  • Other

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:31 PM

The girl is actually an X of mine, before she became 1) the incarnation of all evil ...

Wow, it couldn't be that bad. My ex-fiance that left a couple of weeks ago went to another city to become homeless beause you was so pissed off. I took a bus up there because her parents told me what's up so I thought I would be nice and offer to let her come back and stay with me so she didn't have to be homeless. Was she grateful? No...she walked across the street and told an officer that I was stalking her and I came about 3 millimeters away from going to jail in a strange town. He told me to leave and I was gone.

#9 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7118 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 02 August 2008 - 06:35 PM

Well, what I always find, is when things get that bad it's often best to make a film out of it. If you can get a script for it and me a plane ticket and some rammen, my camera is yours.

By the bye

Posted Image

;)

Edited by Adrian Sierkowski, 02 August 2008 - 06:36 PM.

Visual Products

Abel Cine

Tai Audio

Ritter Battery

Opal

The Slider

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Aerial Filmworks

CineLab

CineTape

Metropolis Post

Technodolly