Photo

best film school that focuses just on film, not other studies?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rachel epstein

rachel epstein

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:24 PM

First post :)

I'm going to be a senior in high school and I'm starting pretty late, but I have decided to go to a film school in thought to become a cinematographer. I've done photography (self taught and school courses) for more than 4 years. And some schools I've been looking into some schools that seem pretty "legit" mainly Savannah College of Art and Design, School of Visual Arts, Vancouver Film School, New York Film Academy, and recently Full Sail. A boy at my school is going to the LA Film School after graduation and I looked at it online and it seems good but I read its only one year?

The only trouble I'm having is and it's probably difficult is that I don't want to go to a school and have to take other studies such as mathematics or science courses that are required. I'm fine with english and history- I'm just not a science or math person :P

Is there any good film schools that don't require you to take math/science courses or any of the schools I listed above? I think SCAD is one of my top choices but I believe I also found out it's a liberal art school :(

Oh and also, I have a strong photography portfolio and recently just ordered a Panasonic DVX100BP and this coming year I'm taking a film class at the career tech center so I'll be building up a strong film/cinematography portfolio as well.

Sorry for the long post hahh

Edited by rachel epstein, 11 August 2008 - 10:25 PM.

Glidecam

Aerial Filmworks

FJS International, LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Paralinx LLC

rebotnix Technologies

Technodolly

Ritter Battery

The Slider

Opal

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Tai Audio