• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Keith Mottram

Keith Mottram
  • Sustaining Members
  • 824 posts
  • Other

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:10 AM

so i watched this on my plasma the other day, having felt the need for something stupid. and the film didn't fail to deliver on that point. in the end it was unfortunately somewhat underwritten and ends on a bit of a damp squib. however what got me when i watched the credits was the fact that it was shot on a genesis. i think this is the first digital film where I wasn't aware of its digital origination. it featured a number of looks including b and w and none of them gave the game away. i'd be interested if anyone saw this in a cinema without knowing it was digital.

keith

#2 K Borowski

K Borowski
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3905 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • I.A.T.S.E. Local # 600 Eastern Region

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:41 AM

so i watched this on my plasma the other day, having felt the need for something stupid. and the film didn't fail to deliver on that point. in the end it was unfortunately somewhat underwritten and ends on a bit of a damp squib. however what got me when i watched the credits was the fact that it was shot on a genesis. i think this is the first digital film where I wasn't aware of its digital origination. it featured a number of looks including b and w and none of them gave the game away. i'd be interested if anyone saw this in a cinema without knowing it was digital.

keith

I haven't seen it, on TV or in theatres, but every other Genesis show/footage I've seen, and unfortunately I've seen a lot, has really stuck out like a sore thumb, not in every shot, and not necessarily in a bad way, but just very very different from film.

Maybe they did some tweaking with the gamma to try to get it to look more like film? Hopefully they made it high-key enough for a comedy, as native genesis footage looks very flat to me.

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Visual Products

Tai Audio

Abel Cine

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

rebotnix Technologies

Technodolly

CineTape

Wooden Camera

Rig Wheels Passport

Ritter Battery

CineLab