#1 george kosmas

george kosmas

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Director

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:28 PM

I know this question may have become a bit redundant in other posts but i'll ask all the same ... I'm directing my first feature come November and eBay is offering a range of arriflex cameras, from a 16mm SB design to 35mm IIC . The short films I've done in the past have relied on an old Bolex camera which has fallen into disrepair .

Im looking for a good silent camera (sync sound) ; the script has a lot of dialogue and there are a few minor action scenes which require pretty good focus and a steady shot (apparently the arri's have a registration pin which is perfect) .

So which is the best camera? 16mm or 35mm? And which design of each? 35mm BL or 35IIC,
or the old 16mm 'square' models?

I'm at a loss guys lol

#2 Jim Exton

Jim Exton
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Director

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:50 PM

I know this question may have become a bit redundant in other posts but i'll ask all the same ... I'm directing my first feature come November and eBay is offering a range of arriflex cameras, from a 16mm SB design to 35mm IIC . The short films I've done in the past have relied on an old Bolex camera which has fallen into disrepair .

Im looking for a good silent camera (sync sound) ; the script has a lot of dialogue and there are a few minor action scenes which require pretty good focus and a steady shot (apparently the arri's have a registration pin which is perfect) .

So which is the best camera? 16mm or 35mm? And which design of each? 35mm BL or 35IIC,
or the old 16mm 'square' models?

I'm at a loss guys lol

The Arri 35BL series is really your only choice. Blimped 2cs are really too heavy.

I just shot a short on my BL-2, it still needs to be wrapped up in a leather jacket for small interiors.

If you are interested, I would be willing to rent it to you if you are insured. Sure would save you a lot of money.

You can email me at: cexton [at] comcast.net

I have a set of four Zeiss primes with it. A videotap monitor. (2) 400 foot magazines.

The Slider

Willys Widgets

CineTape

CineLab

Tai Audio

Abel Cine

Wooden Camera

Ritter Battery

Metropolis Post

rebotnix Technologies

Aerial Filmworks

FJS International, LLC