8 replies to this topic

#1 Joseph Arch

Joseph Arch
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Director

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:37 PM

I would like to publicly apologize for having offended anyone from the first time I joined. It was not my intention to and things get out of hand. I was frustrated and did not understand much at the time about cinematography.

There was one person who did not deserve it, I think his name was brad. Brad if you are reading this I am sorry for being rude to you. I hope you accept it.

Looking forward to learning as much as I can about the art of cinematography from you girls :lol:

#2 Matthew Buick

Matthew Buick
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2345 posts
  • Student
  • Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:42 PM

Wow! It's very brave of you apolgising to everyone in public. You didn't personally offend me, but 'Apology Accepted'!

Enjoy this wonderful forum, it's full of gifted like minded individuals, so you're bound to settle in fine, and don't worry about a little tiff. :)

#3 Freya Black

Freya Black
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4161 posts
  • Other
  • Went over the edge... Central Europe

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:02 PM

Looking forward to learning as much as I can about the art of cinematography from you girls :lol:

I'm sure we will do the best we can but maybe the guys will forgive you and help you too, especially as you have apologised and everything. :)

I seem to remember you were especially mean but there are a lot of disagreements here and people usually manage to cope with them and let them pass, so just be happy and look forward to a wonderful and positive future!

Good Luck!

love

Freya

Edited by Freya Black, 18 August 2008 - 03:03 PM.

#4 K Borowski

K Borowski
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3905 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • I.A.T.S.E. Local # 600 Eastern Region

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:08 PM

I am not going to start a flame-war on this thread, so I will say it with subtlety, but I find it ironic of the person who accepted your apology first to accept an apology for something for which they are notorious.

#5 Brad Grimmett

Brad Grimmett
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2660 posts
  • Steadicam Operator
  • Los Angeles

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:58 PM

I would like to publicly apologize for having offended anyone from the first time I joined. It was not my intention to and things get out of hand. I was frustrated and did not understand much at the time about cinematography.

It hasn't been that long since you came here before. Are you saying that NOW you know a lot about cinematography? You can't learn that much about cinematography in a few weeks or months, so I would say that you probably still have a lot to learn. And we all know that your lack of knowledge had nothing to do with your behavior or attitude.

There was one person who did not deserve it, I think his name was brad. Brad if you are reading this I am sorry for being rude to you. I hope you accept it.

Actions speak louder than words. I'm glad you've apologized, but that won't mean squat unless you change your behavior.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that that's a joke. I'd be careful trying to make jokes at our expense right now. I don't think I'm the only one that isn't laughing at that particular comment.

#6 Ira Ratner

Ira Ratner
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Other
  • Coral Springs, Florida

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:08 PM

Using "girls" there could not have been a joke. It denotes a really twisted mind-set and personality:

Try and be nice on the one hand, but then revert to being an insulting shmuck because it's simply part of your make-up and you can't help it.

Where's the joke there? And when you think about it, where's the INSULT? But that's how it was intended--calling you a girl is an insult in his mind.

#7 Joseph Arch

Joseph Arch
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Director

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:18 AM

@ Brad

I do have a lot to learn. Thanks for understanding that. I have not been rude with anyone else but you and I have apologized for that. I do not see how my behavior has affected other people. We are all here to learn and share knowledge. Calling girls was a joke. I had hoped it would break the ice. Please do not take it as an offence.

@ Ira

You do not know me. Please do not assume that I was insulting anyone indirectly.

#8 Daniel Smith

Daniel Smith
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Other

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:23 AM

And I thought my arguments were pathetic...

#9 Joseph Arch

Joseph Arch
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Director

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:35 AM

No idea what you're talking about dude.

Glidecam

Abel Cine

Metropolis Post

CineTape