You lot are probably used to/sick of similar topics from newbies, but I'm here to introduce myself and make an open request to leech off your collective expertise!
I received my Braun Nizo S800 through the post this morning; I'm an utter, utter amateur in this field, being that I've had little experience with any sort of camera, let alone those of the motion picture variety. I've done a little research, and know the basic functionality of the unit - it looks in pretty good shape, too, with a seemingly blemish-free lens and a working shutter (thankfully, being that I bought it relatively blindly on eBay).
I'm looking to start off with some tests, of course, before hopefully venturing into whatever projects take my fancy (impressionistic art films, narrative vignettes and music videos are all in mind). So, I've got a few general questions:
1. What is the most versatile stock to start out with (i.e. useful for both indoor and outdoor shooting, perhaps a little twilit experimentation)?
2. Are there any readily available anamorphic lenses that would fit the S800 (preferably for 16:9 or, at a push, 2:1 results)?
3. What regular maintenance practises should I observe? (Also, how best to clean the lens?)
4. Any perennial amateur goofs that I should take care to avoid?
5. For the Britons: Is the Widescreen Centre the best bet for processing and telecine? What are my other viable options?
Any further advice that I haven't directly asked for is also graciously welcomed! I'm something of a miser and want to avoid making too many mistakes from the outset that will cause any discomfort to my bank balance. Thanks in advance for your responses!
Just bought my first Super 8 camera (Nizo S800)
No replies to this topic