#1 Allen Achterberg

Allen Achterberg
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Santa Maria CA

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:58 AM

I recently shot a project with a 3-perf S35 PV GII, and we need to grab some additional shots. Since we are shooting some high speed we are going with a Pan-Arri III and it just came to mind, I assume they will but clarification would be nice. If we shot 4-perf super 35 will they need to swap out the gate for that after transferring all of our 3-perf? seems obvious but I dont know for sure so I ask.

If so how long does that usually take for them to do that? Maybe I'm better off looking into the Panastar, I assume they've got that bugger in 3-perf but not sure bout the Arri III. If it's a pretty good time loss, I'll call Panavision tomorrow and figure this out. Time is Money right?

Edited by Allen Achterberg, 27 August 2008 - 01:59 AM.

#2 Stephen Williams

Stephen Williams
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4708 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Europe

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:12 AM

I recently shot a project with a 3-perf S35 PV GII, and we need to grab some additional shots. Since we are shooting some high speed we are going with a Pan-Arri III and it just came to mind, I assume they will but clarification would be nice. If we shot 4-perf super 35 will they need to swap out the gate for that after transferring all of our 3-perf? seems obvious but I dont know for sure so I ask.

If so how long does that usually take for them to do that? Maybe I'm better off looking into the Panastar, I assume they've got that bugger in 3-perf but not sure bout the Arri III. If it's a pretty good time loss, I'll call Panavision tomorrow and figure this out. Time is Money right?

Hi,

You need to talk to your telecine house. If the have a Spirit it's no problem, just flick a switch.

Stephen

#3 Allen Achterberg

Allen Achterberg
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Santa Maria CA

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:19 AM

House hasn't been chosen a place yet. I'll call around, see what I find. thanks Stephen

#4 Dan Goulder

Dan Goulder
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1259 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:26 AM

In relation to your total cost, the changeover costs should be next to invisible, probably less than the additional charges that most rental houses tack on for 3-perf camera bodies.

#5 Allen Achterberg

Allen Achterberg
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Santa Maria CA

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:19 PM

Panavision did have a 3-perf body. No cost difference. I love those guys

CineTape

Visual Products

Abel Cine