#1 Matt Read

Matt Read
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:02 PM

I've just finished putting together a cinematography reel. I'd love to get some feedback on it.

I'm currently working on a website and will eventually host the reel there.

Also. does anybody know of a cheap web hosting service that I can use when I finish working on my website?

#2 Ryan Patrick OHara

Ryan Patrick OHara
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:47 PM

I've just finished putting together a cinematography reel. I'd love to get some feedback on it.

I'm currently working on a website and will eventually host the reel there.

Also. does anybody know of a cheap web hosting service that I can use when I finish working on my website?

I really love that shot where the camera dollys back from a man smoking to a man holding a gun to his head. Very nice. Be sure to add your new works into the reel as soon as possible, because (like even mine) one can tell that you are cycling through perhaps four films. It's nothing to be alarmed about but the more diverse your reel become, the more you seem experienced.

I use GoDaddy and have about 10gigs I'll never use up. On the other hand, I host my demo reel off of some old student space my college offers for free with no bandwidth limit... But it plays off of my website, from the studentspace. Looks like it's on my website... but it's not. This saves me from potentially going over my bandwidth allowance.

Since Vimeo isn't horrible quality, you should look into a way to embed the Vimeo video into your webpage but have it look like they are watching your webpage... wee what I mean?

Edited by Ryan Patrick OHara, 29 August 2008 - 04:52 PM.

#3 Matt Read

Matt Read
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:31 PM

Thanks for the feedback, Ryan. I will definitely be adding more work to the reel as soon as I can. Thanks for the advice about GoDaddy.com, too. I'll be sure to look into that.

Does anybody know what an editor's reel would look like? I've seen a couple job postings on Mandy.com asking for one. I assume it would be complete scenes or segments of projects, but I'm not sure and would love to know. Thanks.

Ritter Battery

CineTape

Willys Widgets

Opal

Paralinx LLC

CineLab

FJS International, LLC

Visual Products

Technodolly

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

The Slider

Glidecam