www.ccdcolombia.com/comparativo/comparativo2.htm

#2 Walter Graff

Walter Graff
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1334 posts
  • Other
  • New York City

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:49 PM

No surprises there. You get what you pay for. The F23 is what it is, the best of the bunch. Red isn't what the hype presents it as and in many ways you'd do better with a quality 1080 camera and get the same results minus the flaws and burps. And as I too have found the EX1 surprised me considerably for it's cost. The HVX200, a first gen HD camera that is nothing more than an SD camera with tricks to make it look sharper, but not very good when compared to other cameras. Basically all different cameras for different uses, needs, budgets, and fantasies.

#3 Mitch Gross

Mitch Gross
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2873 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:26 AM

Seriously flawwed methodology in much of their testing. Certainly not proper ways to judge sensitivity, dynamic range or colorspace. And resolving capabilities have a long-established metric in MTF (modulation Transfer Function) which can be measured using accepted industry charts and anaylsis tools from manufacturers such as IMATEST. Phantom does well in many of their findings and not so well in others, and I question the results of some of both. I also question a lot of the other results as well based on testing that we have done.

I can say that while their methods were poor, I do believe that the testers had the best of intentions and did enter into the process with open minds without particular bias. Too bad they went about it the wrong way. How can one judge a RAW data-capture camera by way of it's preview video output? That's like judging film by the videotap image.

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies

The Slider

Metropolis Post

CineTape

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Tai Audio

Opal

Technodolly

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Abel Cine