Ignatius Fischer

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Director
  • SoCal

Posted 02 September 2008 - 05:50 PM

This is my first post here, I've been lurking for a year or so. While I have worked in the film and television industry for over ten years, the last four have been in independent film-making and corporate videography. I wrote and helped produce The Men Who Fell, which sold overseas to Japan and Germany but didn't make a domestic US sale, and ten days ago we wrapped on my own first feature which I directed and directed photography on. It was a three week shoot and I just finished the rough cut. Now we get into audio and the CG creature (which wasn't going to be CG, but my fx guy took my money and ran).

Anyway, to get something out there for the cast and crew, I pushed out some footage in the form of this hasty teaser and I'm interested in opinions on the raw footage. We shot on an HPX500, had two Arri kits, and a PVC skateboard dolly. No mattebox, follow focus, filters, flags or c-stands ... but we had awesome craft services and great wine. 75% amateur crew, SAG Ultra Low Budget Agreement.

Here is a link to the movie website, on which you can find a 480p teaser or smaller versions. Any and all comments are welcome!

http://www.lislandthelorlok.com

IF

#2 Bruce Taylor

Bruce Taylor
  • Sustaining Members
  • 482 posts
  • Other
  • Los Angeles

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:16 PM

I guess the c stands and follow focus, etc. weren't needed because the pictures looked great on my little computer screen. The whole thing has a very nice polish and consistent mood, the compositions were very pleasing and the camera movement well done and not too distracting. I'd like to know more of the story!

Bruce Taylor

#3 Ignatius Fischer

Ignatius Fischer

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Director
  • SoCal

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:33 AM

I guess the c stands and follow focus, etc. weren't needed because the pictures looked great on my little computer screen. The whole thing has a very nice polish and consistent mood, the compositions were very pleasing and the camera movement well done and not too distracting. I'd like to know more of the story!

Bruce Taylor

Thank you very much, Bruce, hopefully the whole movie will hold up okay. I started a BTS thread over at DVXUser (I didn't want to tie BTS pics to the movie website), you can check that out at http://dvxuser.com/V...ad.php?t=145705. The story is really created in the vein of Brothers Grimm style fairy tales (Grimm's Grimmest was a sort of inspiration for the style of the story). It's an allegory for drug addiction as seen from the eyes of a child, so the protagonist, Lisl, kind of loses her parents to obsessive behaviors brought on by this magical monster roaming the estate. My writing partner and I wrote for the location itself and I just really wanted to create something small I could do from start to finish on a very limited budget.

#4 Justin Hayward

Justin Hayward
  • Sustaining Members
  • 928 posts
  • Director
  • Chicago, IL.

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:52 AM

Looks good. It's always inspiring to see creativity overcome low budgets.

Technodolly

rebotnix Technologies

CineTape

Wooden Camera

Tai Audio

Visual Products

Willys Widgets

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Aerial Filmworks

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Paralinx LLC

Opal