Feed back on Reel and Website

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 patrickmeadejones

patrickmeadejones
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:19 PM

www.patrickmeadejones.com

I just updated so there are somethings I have yet to post but I'd like to get some feedback and the communities opinion of my work.

Thanks.

-Patrick

#2 Tom Banks

Tom Banks
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:45 PM

The layout is nice and simple. You may look into having your QT movie auto load when the page comes up. That way when the viewer presses play they won't have to wait as much for the load time.

I would identify what the three films are below with just a centered title above all of them saying something like "Complete works" or something along those lines. Just watch out that you visually distinguish your title from the "reel" text.

Also I would lower the "other works" and "resume" buttons so they don't get lost with the titles of the pieces above. In fact, your contact info could stand to move down the page a bit too. That might be different depending on the size or resolution of other viewer's screens, but for mine right now there's still a bit of empty space at the bottom. It might solve your problem to reduce the size of your text a bit.

Don't forget to title your page, right now it appears as just "reel". This will come in handy for Google searches and it always looks better on the top of the browser.

I'm also having trouble loading your reel. In the time I've typed this it's only loaded about 10 percent of the way. Check the speed of your server or think about using a flash player or something more manageable.

Looks good though!

Wooden Camera

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Willys Widgets

Metropolis Post

Glidecam

Paralinx LLC

Aerial Filmworks

Tai Audio

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

The Slider

CineLab