#1 Lisala Dolo

Lisala Dolo
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Sound Department
  • London+Southampton UK

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:04 AM

Hi i shot some super 8 footage with 200T and an 85b filter on a Nizo 4080 - I was very happy with the results apart from the sky being over exposed ( )- flagged up as too much luminance on final cut pro. Will an ND filter of some type help out or is there some other way ?

Also I use the wide angle atatchment alot on the same camera (over 100mm diameter)- does anyone know of a suitable matte box or a diy solution - as much as i like lens flare i could do without it alot of the time.

Thks Lisala (Professional sound recordist - Amateur camera)

#2 Saul Rodgar

Saul Rodgar
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1682 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:07 PM

Hi i shot some super 8 footage with 200T and an 85b filter on a Nizo 4080 - I was very happy with the results apart from the sky being over exposed ( )- flagged up as too much luminance on final cut pro. Will an ND filter of some type help out or is there some other way ?

Also I use the wide angle atatchment alot on the same camera (over 100mm diameter)- does anyone know of a suitable matte box or a diy solution - as much as i like lens flare i could do without it alot of the time.

Thks Lisala (Professional sound recordist - Amateur camera)

Yeah, you can use graduated filters. Although the pro version usually mounts on a matte box filter holder tray, there is a system that may work screwing it directly on the Nizo lens.

http://www.bhphotovi...r_ONLY_for.html

You just have to find the right size adapter ring and graduated filter you want. The Z Pro is the biggest filter system, and you may find something for your wide angle adapter. Although if you just want to flag the sun, something like this may work:

http://www.bhphotovi..._Flag_Only.html

#3 Lisala Dolo

Lisala Dolo
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Sound Department
  • London+Southampton UK

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:06 AM

Thanks for the great links - are these cokin type filter holders much better than the screw on photographic types ? - obviously they are easier and quicker to change and like you say all of the shoots i work on(sound recordist) the cameras have these type on the matte box.

FJS International, LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Visual Products

Wooden Camera

Willys Widgets

Paralinx LLC

The Slider

Opal

Tai Audio

Technodolly

Glidecam

Metropolis Post