• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Keith Mottram

Keith Mottram
  • Sustaining Members
  • 824 posts
  • Other

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:50 AM

Or rocknrolla or whatever the hell it is named...

Okay to save you the hassle of going and seeing this I did it for you. Now I don't want everyone to pat me on the back or anything but this is the most charitable thing I have done in years. I would also like to point out that the only reason I went was because my house mate had two friends appearing in the film and felt that she needed to see it incase they asked her (she'd already failed to go to two screenings).

Anyway it was possibly the worst film I have ever seen.

I have tried to think of a worse one and admitedly I have a fondness for Plan 9 From Outer Space, but this was worse. Way worse. It was poorly written, terribly directed, woefully edited, hell even the sound was poop- they couldn't be arsed to loop some obvious lines. I have to ask A: what was the point and B: should we be worried that this was number one in the UK box office- I mean should social services be involved or something? It played like a load of shitly sketched ideas (written drunk/ and or stoned) that were then bashed against each other, threaded with an excruciatingly poor voice over and mixed up with a mcguffin that george lucas would be ashamed of.

I should also admit that I walked out after just over an hour. Please do not go. I have warned you all.

#2 Tim Partridge

Tim Partridge
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:21 AM

If you didn't at least get refunded your entire ticket price then you are on the list too. :angry:

I have noticed that Madonna has in recent years pinched Tim Maurice Jones to light some of her projects. I didn't recognise the DP's name for this new one. Hopefully this means that toff's budgets are going down.

#3 Adam Frisch FSF

Adam Frisch FSF
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2009 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, USA

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:02 AM

Shot on the D21. But there isn't enough money in the world you could pay me to see a Guy Ritchie gangster movie.

#4 Serge Teulon

Serge Teulon
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London UK

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:53 AM

I know a couple of ppl that have worked with him....and...well...lets just keep it at that.

It is absolutely amazing the amount of marketing that this film has had.....I can't see a bus or a poster site without this film striped across it!
What is going on?!?!??!?!?!

#5 Keith Mottram

Keith Mottram
  • Sustaining Members
  • 824 posts
  • Other

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:40 AM

Shot on the D21. But there isn't enough money in the world you could pay me to see a Guy Ritchie gangster movie.

that was about the only way i could be forced through the door- i had to imagine it was a tech recky. unfortunately it didn't inspire confidence (i am working on a d21 feature at moment). i have seen d21 filmout tests that we've done that looked great, but we are shooting 1.185 (matted 1080p) and boy does that extra resolution help. The heavy grade they used made it harder to judge but the wide shots looked terrible. loosing 20% of your vertical res and then mashing that image across a big screen (i watched it in a vue in cardiff where we are based at mo) left me and my friend, who watched it with me (and now owes me big time), with eye strain- at least i think that was what caused it as there were a number of other posibilities.... the picture was often noisy as well and reminded me of a s16 2.35 blow up. but as i said earlier there are a number of factors that made the image what it is, and the d21 filmouts i have seen for the film i'm working on are pretty much indestinguishable from a high quality 2k scan to filmout.

keith

CineLab

Visual Products

Metropolis Post

Willys Widgets

rebotnix Technologies

The Slider

FJS International, LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Glidecam

Aerial Filmworks