#1 James Mehr

James Mehr
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • NYC

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:23 PM

I'm itching to edit something again on a flatbed, and I would like to buy a flatbed editor, preferably a Steenbeck. Does anyone know a good place to find one in Manhattan?

#2 Chris Keth

Chris Keth
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4427 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:17 PM

I'm itching to edit something again on a flatbed, and I would like to buy a flatbed editor, preferably a Steenbeck. Does anyone know a good place to find one in Manhattan?

You might get in touch with Kevin Lamark at the Rochester Institute of Technology's School of Film and Animation. When I graduated a year and change ago, the students are no longer going to be required to learn flatbed editing. I don't know if they'll be getting rid of their flatbed or what but that's within driving distance to you and worth the phonecall.

#3 Simon Wyss

Simon Wyss
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts
  • Other
  • Basel, Switzerland

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:36 AM

James

I want to sell my 16 mm Steenbeck 938. It is the version one picture gang and three sound gangs. It's in very good shape with additional variable speed control 15 through 25 fps. Built in 1978, bought by Swiss TV in Geneva at the time, now in Basel. $ 2500 plus shipping. Of course, too far away for you.

#4 Tim Terner

Tim Terner
  • Sustaining Members
  • 340 posts
  • Producer
  • Prague, CZ

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:11 AM

Hi James, Annie had some she was trying to find good homes for. Perhaps there is one left http://www.cinematog...mp;hl=steenbeck

#5 K Borowski

K Borowski
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3905 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • I.A.T.S.E. Local # 600 Eastern Region

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:15 AM

Yeah, Simon, hate to hurt your sales pictch, but these days it's "Where an I *get* [for free] a 16mm Flatbed" not "Where can I buy one."

Sorry to take this thread off topic, but I will put your processing service on the list. There are a couple of other guys that do it by hand that I know of too that I'm including as well. Eventually I hope to put up a FAQ list on that sub-forum with a world-wide complete list that is constantly updated.

#6 Simon Wyss

Simon Wyss
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts
  • Other
  • Basel, Switzerland

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:06 AM

Yeah, Simon, hate to hurt your sales pictch, but these days it's "Where an I *get* [for free] a 16mm Flatbed" not "Where can I buy one."

Sorry to take this thread off topic, but I will put your processing service on the list. There are a couple of other guys that do it by hand that I know of too that I'm including as well. Eventually I hope to put up a FAQ list on that sub-forum with a world-wide complete list that is constantly updated.

Fine. Thank you all the same

Technodolly

Ritter Battery

Willys Widgets

Abel Cine

CineLab

Paralinx LLC

Visual Products

Opal

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Wooden Camera

FJS International, LLC