Robthesecond

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Other

Posted 20 September 2008 - 08:41 AM

Hi all,

I am a complete novice to super 8's but picked up what I believe is a super 8 camera yesterday in box with manual for the princely sum of £10. It's a Sankyo ES-44 and that's about as much as I know. Can anyone tell me about the camera?

I want to start taking films with it and thus I'm looking for the film, I believe I've seen some on eBay but advice on this would be great. Also any further advice to help me with this great abyss of unknown knowledge would be super

Cheers

Rob

#2 Ronney Ross

Ronney Ross
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:23 PM

Hello Rob,

First of all forum rules say that you must use your full first and last name. Please go to controls and change this.

As far as the camera, someone actually wrote about using this camera on wikipedia so I suggest doing a search there even though I found pretty much all super 8 camera operate the same the better ones just give more options. Before buying film consider how your going to view it? Do you have a projector or will you transfer to video.

As far I film buy fresh stock from Kodak. "shoot film, develop, project, or transfer to video."-filmshooting.com

I suggest start with Black and white 9.90 kodak process with cinelab 10.00 for transfer go filmchain throw cvs this time for 20.00 not sure on prices I haven't bought stock lately.

Ritter Battery

Metropolis Post

CineLab

Aerial Filmworks

The Slider

rebotnix Technologies

Abel Cine

Paralinx LLC

Glidecam

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Wooden Camera

FJS International, LLC