Richardson Leao
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Other
  • Stockholm, Sweden

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:49 PM

Dear all,

I am honored to be able to help to organise one of the first super8 only short film festival in Brazil.

It will happen from the 25th till the 27th of November at the beautiful Curitiba (about 400Km south of Sao Paulo):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curitiba

The Festival has had already a great start as a major Brazilian bank backed the sponsorship. The program is not quite ready yet but I can forward that there will be plenty of activity beyond the screening (e.g. workshops of home film developing and photography principles applied to s8). We will be taking submissions soon, probably before the end of the week. I am just jumping ahead of the main organisers as I understand the drag associated to overseas trip planning. Just one point, the main contests will prize films FINISHED in super8, with magnetic sound strip or a separate sound track (for example in a CD). There is also a smaller competition for films finished in video, but the idea of the organisers is to praise the s8 medium from shooting to distribution and the people that used scissors and scotch tape as tools instead of mouse and keybord. I'll post the dates, the website and addresses for submission.

ciao

richardson

Aerial Filmworks

Willys Widgets

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineTape

FJS International, LLC

The Slider

Opal

Tai Audio

Ritter Battery

Visual Products