#1 Rochelle Brown

Rochelle Brown

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:24 PM

Hello, I am about to Graduate from SCAD and thinking about moving out to either Cali or NY and I was wondering what advise could anyone provide.

RB

#2 Brian Dzyak

Brian Dzyak
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1517 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Encino, California USA

Posted 25 September 2008 - 07:05 AM

Hello, I am about to Graduate from SCAD and thinking about moving out to either Cali or NY and I was wondering what advise could anyone provide.

RB

Hi, Rochelle!

Do you know what job you'd like to have in the industry? Knowing that, we can tailor any advice to better fit your goals. :)

In general, though, getting a start in the business is about knowing people and others knowing you and what you can do. So once you know what you're after, work toward meeting those who (hopefully) can find you a place that is on the road to where you want to go. It sounds generic, and it is, but this is the basic formula for everyone in any department on set and off.

#3 Rochelle Brown

Rochelle Brown

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 25 September 2008 - 07:09 AM

Hi, Rochelle!

Do you know what job you'd like to have in the industry? Knowing that, we can tailor any advice to better fit your goals. :)

In general, though, getting a start in the business is about knowing people and others knowing you and what you can do. So once you know what you're after, work toward meeting those who (hopefully) can find you a place that is on the road to where you want to go. It sounds generic, and it is, but this is the basic formula for everyone in any department on set and off.

Thank you!
I want to be a Cinematographer but I can operate steadicam and dolly and I can camera op and pretty much do anything in the camera department.

FJS International, LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Abel Cine

Willys Widgets

rebotnix Technologies

CineLab

Opal

Technodolly

Glidecam

The Slider

Wooden Camera

Gamma Ray Digital Inc