I am currently in the research stage of my dissertation. I am doing it on cinematography within fight scenes, and am studying scenes from Matrix to Sonny Chiba to Nick Love.
I have a questionnaire I am seeking cinematographers with experience in shooting a fight scene to answer for me. If you take five minutes of your time to answer these questions with as little or as much detail you would like I would greatly appreciate it. It will aid me with the research section of my dissertation a great, great deal.
If you don't understand what I'm trying to say with any of the questions, please just reply to your interpretation of it. I am mostly trying to pick up on the ways you plan and shoot a fight scene.
Here is the questionnaire, thank you very much for your consideration in doing it, if you have chosen to do so:
- How do you approach the conceptualising stage of visualising a fight scene?
- How much is planned, and how is it planned?
- How close does the director, fight choreographer and cinematographer work together in planning a fight scene?
- Which camera techniques are used most and for what effect within these scenes?
- How would you normally set up the camera technically (frame rates, exposure etc)? If it varies too much to pin point one main setup, please tell me what effects you would hope to achieve with the different setups you have done?
- What do you find the best format to shoot on for these kinds of scenes?
- Do you rehearse the camera with the actor?s movements before you shoot it, and what is this process like?
- Finally, what considerations do you take toward the editor when creating the shots?
Dissertation Help - Please take a moment
No replies to this topic