#1 Blake Dawson

Blake Dawson

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Student

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:24 PM

I have recently graduated with my BA in Media Arts, with minors in Film Study and Business Administration. I am taking a year off to work an internship and to make an educated decision when applying to grad schools. I'm facing a couple of problems... My grades outside my major and film studies classes weren't too hot. I'm looking at applying for schools with around a 3.0 (or a bit lower) GPA. I'm not sure what schools I can get into. I'm open to any schools that can help me get my foot in the door in the industry. The main reason for me going for my masters at film school is due because my undergrad major didn't cover film extensively. I went to a state school and my major covered media subjects, such as web design, animation, and video, to name a few. After gaining a solid foundation in the arts, I'm now looking to focus on film. I'd like to pursue a career in directing or cinematography, plus I'd also like to teach down the line. What schools should I be looking at?!?!

#2 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7118 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:57 PM

you can check out my alma-mater, Temple Univ. There's a good production background and a lot of doco stuff done there, which is cool, for grads. You'd be teaching classes as well there (as a ta, and later on your own).
Give 'em a look
http://www.temple.edu/fma

Glidecam

rebotnix Technologies

Aerial Filmworks

Paralinx LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

Ritter Battery

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Willys Widgets