#1 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 16 October 2008 - 01:01 AM

In my ongoing effort to get my lab, editing room and studio up and running, I have been searching for an edge coding machine for a couple of years now and was finally able to secure a pair of Acmade coders (one for part or backup) to help complete my edition bay. That leaves only a pair of long shaft rewinds, a synchronizer (I'd like to get a viewer type but we'll see what I can afford) and a Moviola upright with the 'scope bubble for sound editing. (though I may try and pick up a 4 plate KEM, Moviola or Steenbeck 'scope flatbed to use at the house so I'm not tied to the studio all night.) MAN it's been a bitch but I managed to finally get pretty much everything I need to edit old school at less than it would cost to rent the stuff for 2 months (the time I figure I'll need to edit......IF I'm lucky. :D ) Anyone else besides me and Speilberg still editing old school right now (anyone here I mean? I have the Domino film scanner but I figure it will actually save cash to edit traditionally, project the results (hopefully if front of a test audience, we have a SuperSimplex dual sound projector), then scan the completed negative edit into the computer for color correction if necessary. Having read and studied this, I can hardly wait to start cutting. I think this is gonna be a blast!! B)

#2 Simon Wyss

Simon Wyss
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1494 posts
  • Other
  • Basel, Switzerland

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:09 AM

You are wonderfully old-fashioned = solid. Wish you all the best with your coding apparatus. I plan to move to Hollywood with my lab.

Wooden Camera

FJS International, LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Glidecam

Abel Cine

Tai Audio

rebotnix Technologies

Visual Products

Aerial Filmworks

CineLab

Ritter Battery

The Slider