Photo

Anybody have the 411 on that Hallmark Channel stuff?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Luc Allein

Luc Allein
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • 2nd Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:11 PM

About two years ago, a loader on this one show, I believe it was the Closer over at Raleigh told me about a great way to get into the union, and it was how she did it.

You can work on those corny Hallmark channel shows, which apparently are very easy and are easy to get union days on. She actually gave me the number of a guy that I could talk to, but in one of the worst blunders of the year, when I got back to work (Pany delivery driver) the piece of paper had magically disappeared from my pocket. And then, of course, a week later she quit the show.

So after moving back east for a year and now being back in LA and trying to restart my auspicious AC career, Im really hoping to get some union days in and get back into camera, instead of PA-ing on a shitty reality show like Im doing now.

I was doing non union loading and 2nd-ing before I moved, as well as camera pa-ing on a couple of features, big shows, so I know what Im doing and have experience and all that.

If anybody knows anyone I can get in touch with for this sort of thing, PLEASE drop the knowledge and I'd be eternally grateful.

Rig Wheels Passport

Willys Widgets

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Metropolis Post

CineLab

rebotnix Technologies

Wooden Camera

Opal

Aerial Filmworks

Visual Products

Technodolly

Abel Cine