#1 Antti Näyhä

Antti Näyhä
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Other
  • Belgium/Finland

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:40 PM

I recently bought a Fujica P2 from eBay.de. A fantastic little thing, and seems to be in great condition, too: a scratch-free lens, almost no visible signs of use, healthy (albeit a bit loud) motor sound, etc.

Just shot my first-ever Single-8 cartridge on this camera and had it processed. The film was Retro X from Retro Enterprises. When projected, the film shows a very noticeable jitter, similar to the descriptions of Velvia experiments by many Super 8 shooters here and on other forums.

Now, has anyone had similar experiences with this film - in other words, is Retro X known to be particularly prone to jitter problems, the way Velvia is? Or could my camera be the culprit? The only thing I found about this is a post mentioning problems with lap dissolves... which does sound like it's caused by the same thing - the emulsion being too thick. I know that Retro X is acetate, which makes the film thicker than Fuji's own Single-8 films to start with.

Information on any experience with Retro X, both positive and negative, is appreciated. I need to shoot a lot of material (probably Fujichrome R25N) on this camera soon, and I don't have time to get any more test rolls processed before that...

rebotnix Technologies

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Metropolis Post

Ritter Battery

Abel Cine

Tai Audio

Technodolly

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Aerial Filmworks

Opal

Willys Widgets

FJS International, LLC