Bartek Cierlica

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Poland, Lodz, Warsaw

Posted 26 October 2008 - 03:40 PM

Anybody heard about NEC process? I heard it is available only in LTC lab in Paris. It is about making a skip bleach on interpositive. Did anyone of You had anything in common with it? Is the effect closer to skip bleach in positive or skip bleach in negative? What are the costs, any differencies in visual effect from tradicional skip bleach? I heard that it was used on "City of lost children" by Darius Khondji 1995.

#2 K Borowski

K Borowski
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3905 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • I.A.T.S.E. Local # 600 Eastern Region

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:39 PM

Anybody heard about NEC process? I heard it is available only in LTC lab in Paris. It is about making a skip bleach on interpositive. Did anyone of You had anything in common with it? Is the effect closer to skip bleach in positive or skip bleach in negative? What are the costs, any differencies in visual effect from tradicional skip bleach? I heard that it was used on "City of lost children" by Darius Khondji 1995.

Well, it will have the opposite effects in contrast and block-up of information as bypassing the bleach on a negative or an internegative.

You are referring to the Master Positive, correct?

The advantage of this approach is that you are not gambling with the camera negative. If you don't like the result, it can be re-printed, albeit at high cost.

#3 Bartek Cierlica

Bartek Cierlica

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Poland, Lodz, Warsaw

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:56 AM

Well, it will have the opposite effects in contrast and block-up of information as bypassing the bleach on a negative or an internegative.

You are referring to the Master Positive, correct?

The advantage of this approach is that you are not gambling with the camera negative. If you don't like the result, it can be re-printed, albeit at high cost.

Thx.
Yep, I am referring to the master Positive.
Basicly I heard that this is a way of achieving big amounts of copies wich are looking like they would be skip bleached in positive (skip bleach in positive is usually more expensive than normal processing of positive).
I just wonder, indeed, I am writing my master degree work :D , if there is any visual difference between skip bleach on positive and skip bleach on master positive?
You know any lab that can do it in Your area?

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Metropolis Post

Visual Products

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Wooden Camera

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC

Glidecam

Ritter Battery

The Slider

CineTape

FJS International, LLC