Brant Jones

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Other
  • Columbus, O.

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:28 PM

Hey, first time poster here with a question about 16mm camera batteries. Hopefully this is the correct forum!

I have a few Bescor PRB-12's containing Panasonic sealed lead acid batteries. They've been recharged many hundreds of times and no longer hold a charge.

Should they be disposed or recycled? Or should they be repaired and re-celled? Where would be the best/safest place for each of these alternatives? Thanks!

#2 Tom Hepburn

Tom Hepburn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Other
  • Chicago-land

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:08 PM

Hey, first time poster here with a question about 16mm camera batteries. Hopefully this is the correct forum!

I have a few Bescor PRB-12's containing Panasonic sealed lead acid batteries. They've been recharged many hundreds of times and no longer hold a charge.

Should they be disposed or recycled? Or should they be repaired and re-celled? Where would be the best/safest place for each of these alternatives? Thanks!

Hey Brian,

I contacted the Sanitation department where I live. After 2 emails I got the address and dropped them off to the happy attendant. I had the same batteries. I purchased new ones that were not too expensive. It was a Powersonic.

Tom

#3 Charles MacDonald

Charles MacDonald
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1157 posts
  • Other
  • Stittsville Ontario Canada

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:15 PM

Panasonic sealed lead acid batteries. They've been recharged many hundreds of times and no longer hold a charge.

If you take the battery units in to be re-celled, it is likly that the supplier will have an contact to recycle the old batteries. Since they contain lead, they should be turned in to a scrap dealer who will have the lead recycled. depending on the weight and the local market, there may even be a coulple of bucks scrap value. Lead batteries have well established recycling chains as they are used as Car Batteries.

Radio Shack used to advertise that they would recell just about any battery.

#4 Brant Jones

Brant Jones

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Other
  • Columbus, O.

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:34 PM

Cool. Thanks, guys.

Abel Cine

Willys Widgets