logic@bredband.net

#2 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7115 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:01 PM

It took an ungodly long time to load over here before crashing out Safari on my new macbook pro. . .perhaps good idea to make the video smaller? It looks like you have it full NTSC quality on there; I'd recommend something smaller and compressed a bit with the option to download a higher quality version. I'm going to let it load up and as soon as I can get back to you on visuals etc.

#3 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7115 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:03 PM

Also, John, your display name must be your real first and last name as per the forum rules. .

#4 clairstyler

clairstyler
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:07 PM

Thank you for your input, i will take a look at some options, flash maybe, now its in h.246 but the idea about two versions are very good. Sorry about crashing your browser... I hope to hear more comments from you, when you get it to work! /j

Edited by clairstyler, 09 November 2008 - 06:10 PM.

#5 Adrian Sierkowski

Adrian Sierkowski
  • Sustaining Members
  • 7115 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, Ca

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:23 PM

Hey it's only a browser right ;) I'm sure my e mails will still be there. . .
Ok, so I let it load through and it works alright (in firefox, safari jsut hates me perhaps). It looks damned good, so I can't comment on that. The only thing I would perhaps add in is a title along with the voice over for your differing jobs. The reason being is that sometimes, people may be watching your reel on "mute," I know I sometimes look at reels muted so I'm not as effected by the music etc, or I'm in a crowded place... any number of reasons... so for those people, might be nice to have titles. It's a little thing. I'm on the fence about the organization; though I understand it; I'd either go director first, then director of photography, mixing the later "director" in. Like I'm said, i could go either way with that. Or, you can break it up into different reels based on job, to keep that one from running so long. It's just another thought and again, I'm personally on the fence with it-- just things to consider.

#6 John Eriksson

John Eriksson
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:43 AM

Ahh, thank you your comments, it made me very happy that you seemed to like it! Yes, I have been worring about the organisation of the clips, but about the text to the speech its a maybe, First I rendered out a version with text and no speech, than I changed my mind. -so I think I am pretty happy with the speech only option right now. Thank you!

#7 John Eriksson

John Eriksson
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2008 - 06:42 AM

I have now made some codec adjustments, now the video uses flash, I think it will load faster now!!

#8 Evan Pierre

Evan Pierre
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:11 AM

It loaded up smoothly for me now that it is in flash. I agree with Adrian about adding text along with the voice over of different job titles. Also I found the organization slightly confusing, hearing different titles being repeated at different times which threw me off a bit. You may want to think about splitting them up into several different smaller reels. So that people are greeted with a splash page and then can click on Director, DP, etc. and be taken straight to it.

The content looks great!

**EDIT: After watching it again I understand the organization. Do consider title text as it might make it easier for some of us to understand :]

Edited by Evan Pierre, 16 November 2008 - 05:15 AM.

CineLab

Opal

Willys Widgets

rebotnix Technologies

The Slider

FJS International, LLC

Aerial Filmworks

Wooden Camera

Paralinx LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Glidecam

Gamma Ray Digital Inc