#1 Robert Matsumoto

Robert Matsumoto

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Other

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:44 PM

Just got a locam II on ebay (115 volt version). cant find any info on google search. does anyone have any info. I need an instruction manual, viewfinder, and power cable. Thanks.

Rob

#2 Scott Bryant

Scott Bryant
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Other
  • Nevada

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:29 PM

Just got a locam II on ebay (115 volt version). cant find any info on google search. does anyone have any info. I need an instruction manual, viewfinder, and power cable. Thanks.

Rob

I'm in the same boat you are. I got one a few months ago and am still trying to do some search. A few websites are out that can supply you with batteries and cables, but they are aimed more at the scientific/industrial crowd so prices don't really favor cheapskates like myself. I'm going to experiment with bypassing the circuitry and having my electrical engineer friend hook me up a cable that will splice into the motor wires to see if I can get the camera to run off that. It could ruin everything, but I don't see why it wouldn't work (although I'm obviously no expert). From what I gather though, the best idea for viewfinder may just be getting an old 16mm lens with a dogleg viewfinder. I don't know, I can't seem to find anything either, but it still may be worth it if I can get this cable to work. Best of luck. PM me if you get any positive results.

#3 alexandros petin

alexandros petin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • Athens Greece

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:47 AM

Hello!
you might find this usefull

http://www.cinematog...n...c=30826&hl=

pm me to email you the manual

mine unfortunately is non reflex so im stuck with a dogleg lens, which im having difficulties to find.

about the cables and the connector dont bother with the original one.bypass the original and use one of you taste.

its very fun to shoot with these

#4 Robert Matsumoto

Robert Matsumoto

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Other

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:22 PM

Thanks for the replies Scott and Petin.

its good to know there are others out there with the same issues. I think going to have to do the same as you guys and hack the power cord with a connector of my own design. i still want to find a viewfinder due to information I have read on these forums concerning those dog legged lenses(losing light and being a little soft). Anyway good luck to you as well.

Rob

#5 CHRISTER WASTESSON

CHRISTER WASTESSON

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:18 AM

Rob

hi rob,I have connectors and prism finder for locam and milliken,

christer wastesson
sweden

christer.wastesson@swipnet.se

Rig Wheels Passport

FJS International, LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Aerial Filmworks

Abel Cine

Opal

Metropolis Post