#1 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 20 November 2008 - 05:27 AM

I just saw Sunrise. I've been wanting to see it for a while now. I'm not THAT much into silent films but there as many I do really enjoy however this film is a true masterpiece and all I can say is Wow. T was particularly impressed with the visual effects in the film. Considering they were done in 1927, they blew my mind. It's not surprising that the director of such an iconic film as Nosferatu would be able to create a visually stunning film but this goes way beyond what I ever expected even AFTER seeing the clips from it that were included in Visions of Light. I don't know if this film surpasses Nosferatu stylistically of visually but it CERTAINLY at least matches it in greatness. What a shame the industry lost Murnau so early. IMAGINE what he coulda done in his later years with the new tool that came out. Some of his effects on Sunrise, I'D like to know how he pulled off in 1927 not to mention that unbelievable cinematography I mean that was maybe the most beautifully photographed silent film I've ever seen! VERY cool movie. B)

Edited by James Steven Beverly, 20 November 2008 - 05:30 AM.

CineTape

Abel Cine

The Slider

Visual Products

FJS International, LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

rebotnix Technologies

Rig Wheels Passport

Willys Widgets

Technodolly

Glidecam

Ritter Battery