#1 Robert Sawin

Robert Sawin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Student
  • Carlsbad, CA

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:23 PM

Hi all I just shot a film yesterday and I shot with the new Kodak vision 3 500T. I was shooting with only one arri 2K light at night from the window through wooden blinds. The room is white and I had blind patterns on the wall as well as the subject. Rating the stock at 500 speed the meeter was reading the highlights at F2.8 now I was using a zoom lens and that had a max F stop of F3.3. Now if I am correct I think I want to push it one stop and I think that means that the film would be rated at 800 speed but not sure. its been awhile sense I have done any push processing so I forgot the math. And I have only done it with B&W not color. I want to do the push processing but I am not too sure what to expect especially with color. I only used one light in an attempt to create hard shadows. So if I push the film would that be too much? If so what effect should I get. How would push processing effect color film? and does any one know where I can see examples of push processing before and after stills?

All of you have been a big help in the past with my questions and I look forward to any wisdom you have to share.

Thanks
Robert Sawin

Opal

The Slider

Metropolis Post

Ritter Battery

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineLab

Aerial Filmworks

Wooden Camera

FJS International, LLC

Technodolly