New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Student
  • Melbourne, Australia

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:54 PM

Hi all,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me identify this lens mount. This is the male end of a Cameflex lens to SOMETHING mount adapter, and I'm trying to identify what that 'something' might be. Please believe me when I say that bothering you with this has been my last resort.

It was in a box with various things like adapters for some unidentified screw mount to Mitchell NC mount, or the same unidentified screw mount to an Exacta (Exakta?) stills mount, which might help place it chronologically. You probably can't tell from this angle but the diameter of the Cameflex end is larger than this end and there's a small stepping-down bit in the middle of the adapter.

Many thanks,
Tom

Lensmountsmall.jpg

#2 Leo Anthony Vale

Leo Anthony Vale
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2010 posts
  • Other
  • Pittsburgh PA

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:47 PM

Hi all,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me identify this lens mount. This is the male end of a Cameflex lens to SOMETHING mount adapter, and I'm trying to identify what that 'something' might be. Please believe me when I say that bothering you with this has been my last resort.

Wouldn't it be more useful to show the side that has the unknown mount?

#3 Thomas Hayes

Thomas Hayes

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Student
  • Melbourne, Australia

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:14 PM

Wouldn't it be more useful to show the side that has the unknown mount?

This is the side with the unknown mount. The Cameflex mount also has two tabs but only one of the two has a notch in the middle. This mount looks similar but I have no idea what it is. By pointing out its similarity to the Cameflex you make me wonder if it's another Eclair mount of some description...

So the question still stands...

#4 Alfeo Dixon

Alfeo Dixon
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • Atlanta

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:02 AM

Try to send an email to a camera broker like Visual Products.

#5 Leo Anthony Vale

Leo Anthony Vale
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2010 posts
  • Other
  • Pittsburgh PA

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:21 PM

This is the side with the unknown mount. The Cameflex mount also has two tabs but only one of the two has a notch in the middle. This mount looks similar but I have no idea what it is. By pointing out its similarity to the Cameflex you make me wonder if it's another Eclair mount of some description...

So the question still stands...

IT IS a CAMEFLEX MOUNT.

I don't know why, but there are two versions, the one you describe and the one in the picture.
Perhaps it's due to different years of manufacture or different lens manufacturers made variations.
I've come across more of the double notch ones rather than the single notch ones.

#6 Thomas Hayes

Thomas Hayes

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Student
  • Melbourne, Australia

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:28 PM

IT IS a CAMEFLEX MOUNT.

I don't know why, but there are two versions, the one two describe and the one in the picture.
Perhaps it's due to different years of manufacture or different lens manufacturers made variations.
I've come across more of the double notch ones rather than the single notch ones.

Thanks! Mystery solved. I had hoped it might be some obscure SLR mount but alas.

Tai Audio

The Slider

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Metropolis Post

Aerial Filmworks

Willys Widgets

Paralinx LLC

Opal

CineTape

Technodolly

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

FJS International, LLC