#1 John Lanney

John Lanney

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Other

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:36 PM

Hey guys, I have some questions which I hope to get some clarifications here. I have conveniently compiled them.

Course In Film

1. Are the courses offered at American Film Institute(AFI) Conservatory and New York University(NYU) Tisch School Of The Arts the ones that prepare you to become a director in the film industry?

2. Where do graduates go and get these jobs upon graduation?

3. Are there any other schools in the United States Of America(USA) that offer courses in the area of film making which are respectable too and international students can consider enrolling?

Qualification

1.What courses do AFI offer? Eg. Bachelor Of Arts(BA) or Master Of Fine Arts(MFA)?

2. What courses do NYU Tisch offer? Eg. BA or MFA

3. What is the difference between BA and MFA? Eg. An undergraduate can only apply for BA courses?

4. What are the requirements needed in terms of qualifications before enrolling into these schools? Eg. A Diploma in Film?

5. Is it still possible if that person is without the necessary qualification but in other disciplines, to obtain the same qualification as other students upon graduation?

Fees

1. Are there any scholarships that are provided to international students, specifically AFI and NYU Tisch?

Thanks for reading. I would really appreciate the effort of anyone who can help me clear these doubts.

Willys Widgets

Ritter Battery

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Glidecam

Visual Products

Abel Cine

CineLab

Opal

Paralinx LLC

Technodolly

Tai Audio

Aerial Filmworks