#1 Allen Achterberg

Allen Achterberg
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Santa Maria CA

Posted 23 December 2008 - 10:13 PM

I'm not really sending it out trying to get work with it. Put it together moreso because I was bored. A little repetitive, long (4 minutes) and nothing spectacular. But if you find yourself a little bored have a look. tell me what you liked, what you didn't like comments and suggestions. let's talk about it. I'm not ready to have a complete reel yet and push myself as a DP just yet, but soon enough!

http://www.youtube.c...M...page&fmt=18

(the snow mobiles-pick ups, we had one of the actors and underexposure was suggested to get wide shots without noticing the actors faces)

Thanks!

oh and the music is from Perfume-Story of a murderer (I loved the movie and soundtrack!)

Edited by Allen Achterberg, 23 December 2008 - 10:14 PM.

#2 Nicholas A Micros

Nicholas A Micros
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Philadelphia

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:57 AM

That was amazing, how long have you been a DP?

You shot 35?

#3 David Cronin

David Cronin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Electrician
  • Los Angeles

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:06 PM

I'm not really sending it out trying to get work with it. Put it together moreso because I was bored. A little repetitive, long (4 minutes) and nothing spectacular. But if you find yourself a little bored have a look. tell me what you liked, what you didn't like comments and suggestions. let's talk about it. I'm not ready to have a complete reel yet and push myself as a DP just yet, but soon enough!

http://www.youtube.c...M...page&fmt=18

(the snow mobiles-pick ups, we had one of the actors and underexposure was suggested to get wide shots without noticing the actors faces)

Thanks!

oh and the music is from Perfume-Story of a murderer (I loved the movie and soundtrack!)

I would tighten things up a little bit. Make it about half as long. Looked great though. Nice work.

#4 Allen Achterberg

Allen Achterberg
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Santa Maria CA

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:25 PM

Thank you guys for your kind word, and helpful responses. I shoot about 70 percent on 35mm. I really push for 35mm since it's forgiving and is hard to make look badly.

I've worked as a First Assistant Camera for about 5 years, and have been shooting as a DP during that time on and off, not completely letting go of my 1st AC title. I'm in no rush.

I certainly plan on tightening it all up a lot, and making it shorter. I am moving at a slow pace however, I don't feel I've got enough good stuff to show, so thats why this reel ended up being long takes etc.

Thanks again!
Allen

Paralinx LLC

Tai Audio

CineTape

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Visual Products

Abel Cine

Metropolis Post

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Glidecam

Willys Widgets