#1 Allen Achterberg

Allen Achterberg
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Santa Maria CA

Posted 23 December 2008 - 10:13 PM

I'm not really sending it out trying to get work with it. Put it together moreso because I was bored. A little repetitive, long (4 minutes) and nothing spectacular. But if you find yourself a little bored have a look. tell me what you liked, what you didn't like comments and suggestions. let's talk about it. I'm not ready to have a complete reel yet and push myself as a DP just yet, but soon enough!

http://www.youtube.c...M...page&fmt=18

(the snow mobiles-pick ups, we had one of the actors and underexposure was suggested to get wide shots without noticing the actors faces)

Thanks!

oh and the music is from Perfume-Story of a murderer (I loved the movie and soundtrack!)

Edited by Allen Achterberg, 23 December 2008 - 10:14 PM.

#2 Nicholas A Micros

Nicholas A Micros
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Philadelphia

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:57 AM

That was amazing, how long have you been a DP?

You shot 35?

#3 David Cronin

David Cronin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Electrician
  • Los Angeles

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:06 PM

I'm not really sending it out trying to get work with it. Put it together moreso because I was bored. A little repetitive, long (4 minutes) and nothing spectacular. But if you find yourself a little bored have a look. tell me what you liked, what you didn't like comments and suggestions. let's talk about it. I'm not ready to have a complete reel yet and push myself as a DP just yet, but soon enough!

http://www.youtube.c...M...page&fmt=18

(the snow mobiles-pick ups, we had one of the actors and underexposure was suggested to get wide shots without noticing the actors faces)

Thanks!

oh and the music is from Perfume-Story of a murderer (I loved the movie and soundtrack!)

I would tighten things up a little bit. Make it about half as long. Looked great though. Nice work.

#4 Allen Achterberg

Allen Achterberg
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Santa Maria CA

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:25 PM

Thank you guys for your kind word, and helpful responses. I shoot about 70 percent on 35mm. I really push for 35mm since it's forgiving and is hard to make look badly.

I've worked as a First Assistant Camera for about 5 years, and have been shooting as a DP during that time on and off, not completely letting go of my 1st AC title. I'm in no rush.

I certainly plan on tightening it all up a lot, and making it shorter. I am moving at a slow pace however, I don't feel I've got enough good stuff to show, so thats why this reel ended up being long takes etc.

Thanks again!
Allen

Broadcast Solutions Inc

The Slider

rebotnix Technologies

Aerial Filmworks

Glidecam

Technodolly

Ritter Battery

FJS International, LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Visual Products