#1 Paul Bruening

Paul Bruening

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 2858 posts
  • Producer
  • Oxford, Mississippi

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:01 AM

Well, I'm obviously not going to get to shoot a feature in film anytime in the foreseeable future. So, I'm gonna' resurrect two of my dead video productions. Dead by Sunrise and The Bondsman. They're already shot and only needed minor re-shoots or re-scripting and editing. They're good enough to publish to Youtube. They won't cost me a dime to finish. I've got a couple of guys who want to cut them in exchange for an editing education. I figure, "What the hell? I'm dead in the water anyway. At least, this is something."

#2 Paul Bruening

Paul Bruening

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 2858 posts
  • Producer
  • Oxford, Mississippi

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:20 PM

We're capturing footage to HDD. It looks a lot better than I remember it did. I guess I was a little harsh in my original judgments of it. I was all hot for film and had a peculiar habit of snubbing my own video footage. It will be good enough to go to YouTube for sure. Maybe, I'll have some screen grabs soon to put up.

#3 Paul Bruening

Paul Bruening

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 2858 posts
  • Producer
  • Oxford, Mississippi

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:35 AM

We had shot The Bondsman, back before I had any gear, just to see if my wife could survive the grind of production. We shot it on an old JVC VHS-C camcorder that we wired over to a VHS/TV to record and monitor. Then, we got sound off wired lavs from Radio Shack plugged into a decent-ish Marantz 1/4" cassette recorder. It's a little weird to see clapper-slating on a video production.

Given the utter lowness of the gear, the footage looks surprisingly good. I'm using my XL2 to digitize and pre-compress the footage through DV tape. It's not bad. It's easier than trying to get my old Pinnacle card to work again (major pain in the butt on installation). I guess the most important thing is that my new editor guy gets something to learn and practice on. Time will tell if it's good enough to publish to YT. Fortunately, the content of much of YT is so incredibly bad that my junk might just look OK in comparison.

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineTape

Opal

Wooden Camera

Abel Cine

Rig Wheels Passport

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

FJS International, LLC

Metropolis Post

Paralinx LLC

Willys Widgets

The Slider