• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin Masuda

Kevin Masuda
  • Sustaining Members
  • 209 posts
  • Director

Posted 25 December 2008 - 02:26 PM

Has anyone seen one of these kits for sale lately? Looking into possibly getting one for my arri 35 2B, that is if it will work on a 2B.

#2 Bruce Taylor

Bruce Taylor
  • Sustaining Members
  • 482 posts
  • Other
  • Los Angeles

Posted 26 December 2008 - 04:01 PM

Has anyone seen one of these kits for sale lately? Looking into possibly getting one for my arri 35 2B, that is if it will work on a 2B.

Oh my.

These kits are very, very rare. I don't think I've ever seen one for sale. The easiest thing to do would be to send it to Bruce McNaughton at Aranda Film in Australia and have him convert the movement to 2 perf. He does a lot of them.

Best,

Bruce Taylor
www.Indi35.com

#3 Tim Carroll

Tim Carroll
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2165 posts
  • Other
  • Chicago, Illinois

Posted 26 December 2008 - 06:56 PM

These kits are very, very rare.

Saw one on eBay about three years ago, complete kit, though it was for the Arriflex 35 IIC, so I'm not sure it would work on the IIB, but possibly.

Last time I discussed this with Axel Broda (about six months ago) he mentioned that he had all the parts to convert a IIC to 2-perf, maybe he has the parts for a IIB as well. Be aware that once it is converted to 2-perf, it doesn't really convert back to 4-perf very well. Machining has to be done to the body and other parts of the camera, so before you convert your camera, make sure you want it (permanently) in 2-perf.

Best,
-Tim

#4 Kevin Masuda

Kevin Masuda
  • Sustaining Members
  • 209 posts
  • Director

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:51 AM

With my Arri 2B I have no intention of going back to 4 perf should I convert it to 2 perf. I'll probably inquire from Bruce.

Thanks for the replies.

#5 Bruce McNaughton

Bruce McNaughton
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Melbourne Australia

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:05 AM

Hi gang

The parts for the 2 perf conversion of 2C and 2B are the same except that the ground glass is a different size. With the 2B there is a little more work required in fitting a gear to the vertical drive shaft.

Conversion is reversible. We supply a new changeover gate, complete new movement and ground glass for 2 perf but if an original gate is available along with an original ground glass, the camera can be converted back. We keep the old movements and have a cupboard full of these. The machining of the camera body will not affect the reinstatement of original parts.

Regards

Bruce

rebotnix Technologies

Willys Widgets

The Slider

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineLab

Glidecam

Aerial Filmworks

FJS International, LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

Broadcast Solutions Inc