Photo

WOW what an amazing little film...is this super 8?!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Brandon B

Brandon B

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:27 PM

Would someone please school me on what kind of film this is probley filmed on!

I have been die hard about getting into super 8 because I love REAL film, and its cheaper than the rest but still so cool....I am against digital just because i love the real film look and don't want to see it fade out any more than it already has been in pop culture.

But I recently found out about this camera, the Panasonic DVX100 and I now have total respect for the quality of digital but still love film more.

So....I'm like...I want to film on super 8 so bad and keep it alive! but after seeing the panasonic digital camera i was thinking how much easier and how much money i could be saving......
and thought that most of the youtube super 8 films I see are only so good in quality. Some are brillant tho and thats what drives me to do it.

but i found this movie with super 8 in its title and flipped out because this looks too good to be super 8 film! is it?!! let me know what you think or know about this! thanks

#2 Brandon B

Brandon B

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:34 PM

Ah I didn't watch it all the way through the first time and I realized theres a bunch of familiar clips of music videos or something in there so its definately probley not super 8 and just a complation of random clips...but i was blown away by the first part in Vegas...thats the kind of look im trying to get outa film!:)

#3 Nate Downes

Nate Downes
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1638 posts
  • Florida, USA

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:10 AM

Part of it is def super8, as I've seen them before. Just standard Vision 200T (not Vision2).

#4 Brandon B

Brandon B

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:41 PM

I wrote the guy that put the clips together and he says ALL of it is super 8! I was most impressed by the vegas strip footage at night, i'm def stickin with super 8 now after seeing footage like that...it inspires me:)

Technodolly

CineLab

CineTape

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Tai Audio

Wooden Camera

Aerial Filmworks

Broadcast Solutions Inc

FJS International, LLC

Willys Widgets

Ritter Battery

The Slider