#1 Kristopher Lee

Kristopher Lee

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:01 PM

I've been getting great info from the site for years, but this is my first post so Hello to Everyone!

I have gripped here in Austin on many shorts, low-budget commercials, and on a few larger projects as an intern before that. I believe I have a good understanding of the job and am a hard worker, but I know I have much more to learn.

How do I make the leap from shorts and indies to studio features. I know that alot of it is by word of mouth, but should I send a resume to Key Grips working in Austin? I don't want to go about it the wrong way. Any advice is appreciated and if this question has been asked a million times before, I apologize.

#2 Dan Salzmann

Dan Salzmann
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1143 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Paris, France

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:01 PM

I've been getting great info from the site for years, but this is my first post so Hello to Everyone!

I have gripped here in Austin on many shorts, low-budget commercials, and on a few larger projects as an intern before that. I believe I have a good understanding of the job and am a hard worker, but I know I have much more to learn.

How do I make the leap from shorts and indies to studio features. I know that alot of it is by word of mouth, but should I send a resume to Key Grips working in Austin? I don't want to go about it the wrong way. Any advice is appreciated and if this question has been asked a million times before, I apologize.

Sounds like you need to get some more experience on higher end commercials and music vids first.
Try to meet key grips and DP's in your area.

Visual Products

CineLab

Glidecam

Wooden Camera

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Metropolis Post

Paralinx LLC

The Slider

Aerial Filmworks

CineTape

Opal

Ritter Battery