Kyle Stolis

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Other

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:30 PM

Hello all,
If anyone knows where The Film Group has gone I would appreciate any info on them. I'm looking to get my camera sync'd and cannot find them anywhere. all the links I click on bring me to a page saying " Hometown has been shut down". Please, if you know how to contact them let me know. Thank you for your help

Kstolis

#2 Will Cummock

Will Cummock
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:20 AM

Hello all,
If anyone knows where The Film Group has gone I would appreciate any info on them. I'm looking to get my camera sync'd and cannot find them anywhere. all the links I click on bring me to a page saying " Hometown has been shut down". Please, if you know how to contact them let me know. Thank you for your help

Kstolis

i don't know where they are, sorry. i think du-all camera in nyc would do a crystal synch mod on your camera- probably expensive but worth a try.

#3 Giles Perkins

Giles Perkins
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:16 PM

I noticed this today too - sadly a lot of the old-school Super 8 websites have gone with the close of AOL hometown. We have updated links on here... http://homepage.mac....per8/shoot.html

#4 Larry Powers

Larry Powers

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Other

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:40 AM

Hello all,

Kstolis

They may still be in business. They are actually located a few blocks from my house. There name is still on the door and there have been cars in the parking lot recently. There main page was on AOL Home Town which AOL no longer supports. Try this contact info:

The Film Group
500-B Silas Deane Hwy.,
Wethersfield, CT 06109

Phone: (860) 529-1877

#5 Chris Burke

Chris Burke
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • Boston, MA

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:50 PM

i don't know where they are, sorry. i think du-all camera in nyc would do a crystal synch mod on your camera- probably expensive but worth a try.

Du-All sends the cameras to The Film Group. As far as I know, they are still in business. i have a camera I want synced also.

#6 kevin jackman

kevin jackman
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Other

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:02 PM

if you are thinking of converting a camera that has a 1:1 shaft i would look at getting a tobin sync motor and mechanically adapting it. it offers way more flexability for not a lot of money.

#7 Kyle Stolis

Kyle Stolis

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Other

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:07 PM

Quick update everyone,

First of all, thank you to all those who responded, I appreciated hearing from people who have heard of The Film Group. Secondly, the information Larry Powers provided is correct. I called them at the number listed and they are still in business and looking for a new server for their web page. Thanks Larry!

Below is Larry's post with the contact info.

They may still be in business. They are actually located a few blocks from my house. There name is still on the door and there have been cars in the parking lot recently. There main page was on AOL Home Town which AOL no longer supports. Try this contact info:

The Film Group
500-B Silas Deane Hwy.,
Wethersfield, CT 06109

#8 ROBERT L SIMON

ROBERT L SIMON

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Other

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:16 PM

The Film Group
500-B Silas Deane Hwy.,
Wethersfield, CT 06109

hey larry, maybe you could get them on this site or let them know lots of people are looking for them to fix their stuff ...they were nice people when I ordered a minor part from them few years ago ...maybe they could update here if they get a web presence up and going or at least let us have an email address ...since you are just up the street, you might stop in there ...just a thought!

Edited by ROBERT L SIMON, 20 February 2009 - 05:17 PM.

CineLab

Abel Cine

CineTape

FJS International, LLC

Tai Audio

Aerial Filmworks

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Metropolis Post

Rig Wheels Passport

Technodolly

rebotnix Technologies