New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Pakistan

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:08 AM

hello,
I am Liaqat from Pakistan,I am a TV cameraman and doing job in a Production hosuse.i can operate the cameras D-50,D-30,D-35,DSR 400p,DAR 390.PD 170/150.These are all Sony DV Cams on (PAL).But my target is become a Cinematographer.
My problem is that, there is not any Filmmaking school in my country pakistan.
Now i am 24 years old man this is ideal age for me for learning i dont want to waste it.
is there any one who give advice for what i have to do for learning Cinematography.
Liaqat Ali
from Pakistan.

#2 Brian Dzyak

Brian Dzyak
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1517 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Encino, California USA

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:16 AM

Hi, Liaqat!

Go to this page at Cinematography.com for a wealth of books that can help: http://www.cinematog...showtopic=33075

ALSO, I have a growing list of websites, magazines, and books that will help you actually build a real career in the movie business. Go to http://www.whatireallywanttodo.com and click on the "Additional Resources" link at the top.

You already have a great start and foundation to build on. The best learning you're ever going to get is to just go out and start doing it. Lighting for film isn't too far off of video, so it won't be too difficult.

#3 James Martin

James Martin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:51 PM

I know absolutely nothing about Pakistan, however if you have a film industry at all, then you must have working cinematographers. If you have no film schools, then they probably still work on the old(er) system of apprenticeship - one master teaching a student how to become good - perhaps you can find one of these people?

#4 Liaqat Ali

Liaqat Ali

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Pakistan

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:06 PM

I know absolutely nothing about Pakistan, however if you have a film industry at all, then you must have working cinematographers. If you have no film schools, then they probably still work on the old(er) system of apprenticeship - one master teaching a student how to become good - perhaps you can find one of these people?

Hello James,
How r u i hope u a good and enjoying.first of all i thank u for reply me and your suggestion.
Absolutly we have a film industry but we have lack of good film makers.there are some countable Directors and good DOPs working.our film industry is very back.movies are making but not good 98% of the movies are not running because of not standard,most of the people of pakistan are want to watch Indian movies.because there movies are good in making and no doubt artits are also very good perform there performance.
unfortunatly we have not these are.
if i get a chance for learning cinematography i will change the trin of cinematography in my country and will try to improve the industry.i love camera working and i hope i will get success in my aim.Inshallah

#5 Ruchikaa Pal

Ruchikaa Pal

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Student

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:32 AM

hello
you're a neighbour .. :)
i'm from India.. you can always come to India..there are plenty of film schools in India which provide very good training. you can try here!

All the Best! :)

Rig Wheels Passport

Opal

Tai Audio

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Aerial Filmworks

Abel Cine

Metropolis Post

Wooden Camera

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Glidecam

Willys Widgets